Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super Heavy progress. Photo Credit: Elon Musk
1623775857053.png

They are going fast. I'm getting spoiled. Now I'm expecting a launch every month. Have to chill just a bit. July/August is not that far away.
monitor the website

nextspaceflight.com

there is, by the way
SpaceX Falcon 9 launches

june 17th, June 24th, July 30th,

plus 4 more NET (no exact time) in July
plus 6 more NET in August
plus 4 more NET in September
plus 8 more in October
plus 3 more in November
plus 3 more in December

(that's 31 mostly scheduled for 2021 so far)
16 of these are Starlinks, looks like 5 polar orbits from Vandenberg

PLUS January 2022 a lunar landing of Nova C & DOGE-1 (Road trip to watch launch anyone?)
Plus January 2022 Space Adventures 1, manned "tourist"

plus Starship launches

monitor the website

nextspaceflight.com

there is, by the way
SpaceX Falcon 9 launches

june 17th, June 24th, July 30th,

plus 4 more NET (no exact time) in July
plus 6 more NET in August
plus 4 more NET in September
plus 8 more in October
plus 3 more in November
plus 3 more in December

(that's 31 mostly scheduled for 2021 so far)
16 of these are Starlinks, looks like 5 polar orbits from Vandenberg

PLUS January 2022 a lunar landing of Nova C & DOGE-1 (Road trip to watch launch anyone?)
Plus January 2022 Space Adventures 1, manned "tourist"

plus Starship launches
I forgot to say that I'm a starship addict, but thanks for the additional information. The Vandenberg launches might be extra cool if they are done near sunset as the view from phoenix that one time was awesome.

You could see the Vandenberg launch from Phoenix?
It was a little over two yrs ago, and at sunset. It was unreal. Here is a news station report.
or this photo
or this one
and one last one

I got up on my rooftop and thought the lights I saw were too bright to be the launch. Thought they were some newly installed lights or something.
Next time I'll drive out into the desert for a clear view.

Last edited:
It would be cool if they had early evening launches from Vandenburg. We could all have launch watching parties outdoors with zoom simulcasts watching it live overhead. Here in southern CA, you can see the booster, separation, and then first stage continuing with glimpses here and there of the landing booster depending on boost back and re entry burns.

Reactions: tmoz and RabidYak
A nice quick catch up on what has been going on.
Yup, another weed joke is on the way.

lol...

This line:

" The FAA said, as of May, it has yet to make a decision on whether to allow SpaceX to launch orbital Starship missions from South Texas."

is interesting... I would have assumed that was known before building all the infrastructure there.. would be a bummer to have built all that new lauch infrastructure (tower, tanks, etc...) only to have the FAA say "Nah..."

About the Orbital Launch Integration Tower (OLIT);

"SpaceX indisputably have the building permits (and "hazard to air navigation" waiver) necessary to build it. No one is going to stop them building it.

What the FAA is saying is something slightly different: that they might not grant an orbital launch license with the tower in its current configuration. SpaceX is building "at its own risk" for the purposes of the launch license only."