Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Door Alignment Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like @jgrgnt we've only had our X a little over a month and didn't know it wasn't an issue in the past. I will say though, I don't notice anything too forceful about the close and it doesn't close hard enough to shake the car. Its a firm close but I would't call it really forceful.

I don't disagree. I was just sharing my observations on which part of the door is making contact, and in my case it is the plastic trim that surrounds the rubber stopper, not the rubber itself. It seems that the point of contact varies from vehicle to vehicle.

I just noticed this on our new Model X and found this thread. Same as you describe here: point of contact is plastic trim adjacent to the stopper. I was wondering if you or anyone else tried to adjust the stopper? If it adjusts like the frunk or trunk stoppers then at least a larger surface area would contact the frame rather than this tiny point of the plastic trim biting in to the paint.

I just noticed this on our new Model X and found this thread. Same as you describe here: point of contact is plastic trim adjacent to the stopper. I was wondering if you or anyone else tried to adjust the stopper? If it adjusts like the frunk or trunk stoppers then at least a larger surface area would contact the frame rather than this tiny point of the plastic trim biting in to the paint.
I’ve been told by Service that it is a known issue, not to try to adjust it yourself, and that there will be a fix for all FWD in the future... so now I just let it be. I can’t see them fixing this without body work and paint though!

I’m having the same issue with my Model X. The paint is coming off badly. Anyone have any recommendations or update on discussions with service reps. I’m concerned about the long term issues with the falcon wings.

Attachments

• E877FB80-6CEE-42F6-9559-969BA3B1465C.jpeg
    E877FB80-6CEE-42F6-9559-969BA3B1465C.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 86