TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Falcon Wing Door Alignment Issue

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Martin Mao, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Martin Mao

Martin Mao New Member

My left side falcon wing door is misaligned, and already been in service center for at least 4 times. They sent my car to body shop last time, still didn't fix that. I talked to the manager at the SC, he said they already adjusted my door to their accepted specs. But it just better than before, and still misaligned, any advice what should i do? I'm tired with this, only got my car about a month, and feel like i'm going to service center every week trying to get this fix.

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

Any pictures? Of before and after fixing 4 times?

• Like x 1
  3. pakman00

pakman00 Member

I feel your pain. We had the same problem with both FWD's misaligned on a June delivery. It took 3 visits for that and other problems before they finally got them pretty flush. 1st time, I really don't think they even tried to do anything. 2nd time, the body shop put a lip of paint or clearcoat on the edge of the door while fixing some paint elsewhere so I was pretty annoyed things were getting worse, not better. When we went over the door alignment that time, they called one of the mechanics who measured the gaps and proclaimed they were well outside of spec. I think they took it to another body shop (tracking location on the app). This time around they did a pretty good job. Wife picked it up so wasn't able to quiz them on what they did. I'll try to post some before and after pics but our passenger side FWD was really bad where it stuck out well outside the front door.
    I would be persistent with them.

• Like x 1