Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon wing door buckled on glass roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody had the falcon wings doors open up together and pinch the center piece? I purchased the car two days ago and yesterday I went to open up the doors to show off and the doors both opened at the same time I heard a cracking didn't think anything of it walked over to the door and noticed it had lifted up and cracked the glass in the passenger falcon wing door roof. Car has over 52,000 miles and is a 2016. Spoke to the mobile Tesla repair guy he said it may or may not be covered under warranty from the centerpiece glue lifting up. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Attachments

• received_293971878660059.jpeg
    received_293971878660059.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 686
  • received_2702419496672261.jpeg
    received_2702419496672261.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 617
Has anybody had the falcon wings doors open up together and pinch the center piece? I purchased the car two days ago and yesterday I went to open up the doors to show off and the doors both opened at the same time I heard a cracking didn't think anything of it walked over to the door and noticed it had lifted up and cracked the glass in the passenger falcon wing door roof. Car has over 52,000 miles and is a 2016. Spoke to the mobile Tesla repair guy he said it may or may not be covered under warranty from the centerpiece glue lifting up. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Hope that's not something I have to look forward to in four years., i.e. did it take that long for the FWD to work their way out of alignment? I'm sure it wasn't the first time in it's history both doors were opened together. Just bought mine in '19, so far no issues with them, but i read the FWD are trouble. Good luck getting the issue resolved.

You purchased the car two days ago so the very thought of that NOT being a warranty case is ridiculous.

If they refuse, you set the car on fire and drive it through the front door of the Tesla shop where you bought it, film it all and put it on youtube with an appropriate title...
Yeah, that's right, advocate freaking the hell out about it without knowing the full story of what's going on.

Reactions: BulldogsRus

Where did you buy? That's an important clue to know. I am so sorry that happened to you and now my falcon wings will not be opened at the same time....ever! Where do I get that million mile battery? I'd drive to Texas to visit from CA, if I could have that installed in my 2017 "X".

You purchased the car two days ago so the very thought of that NOT being a warranty case is ridiculous.

If they refuse, you set the car on fire and drive it through the front door of the Tesla shop where you bought it, film it all and put it on youtube with an appropriate title...
I know you're thinking that you're funny, but this is inappropriate reply.

A bit of observation/speculation: I wonder if this is the problem that arises over time if you use falcon doors a lot. I'm not surprised that Tesla didn't test for longevity. I assume this car 2016-2017? Door were probably pulled down a lot manually or something like that (of even just normal use) which made the mount point and surrounding structure weaker. I hope you won't go the route of that guy on youtube that got his car damaged by towing company that Tesla recommended and later refused to cover the damage. Some Tesla employees should not be working in Tesla, but in a used car dealership in some dumptown. It's hurting the "falcon" business.

Reactions: andrewdtran
Being that it's used, it makes me wonder what the vehicle history is... I.e. did something recently happen to it (like an accident), that a repair didn't properly fix? You might need to have a less-than-pleasant conversation with whomever sold you the MX. You might also want to look into hiring a lawyer to discuss what legal remedies might be available in your state.