TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Falcon wing door catching trim and ripping it up

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by ebjohnso, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ebjohnso

ebjohnso Member

Got my x60 on thursday. Everything has been amazing on it. On Saturday the falcon wing door started catching on the trim above the back window. I'm taking it in Monday/Tuesday but wondering if anyone had something similar so I can tell my service center to hopefully fast track the process

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  2. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

This seems like a pretty common problem -- I've seen a lot threads about it in the past month. When was your X built?

3. ebjohnso

ebjohnso Member

End of Aug/ early September

4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

Wow, I have never seen that before. The FWD's on my March/April build MX have been flawless. I hope your Service Center can get this resolved for you quickly.

5. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Your door gap actually looks pretty good. I wonder if the trim piece got stuck on incorrectly? I actually have a few places were my door gap looks tighter and it clears OK.

6. Spidy

Spidy Member

• Like x 1
  7. ebjohnso

ebjohnso Member

8. outie

outie Member

Yes I was one of the first to have this issue. Seems like it started with cars built in September. Mine happened during delivery. Check the seal/gasket on the door itself it's probably torn too. They will fix it and I haven't had any issue since the fix. Good luck.

9. Danieljk

Danieljk Member

They found the same issue when mine arrived but fixed both in a couple of hours before delivery and all was good. They simply removed the rear windows and moved them back a hair to clear the moldings.

10. vv132

vv132 Member

Same thing started happening on ours last week. Trying to get the SC to look at it.