Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Door Glass Seal deteriorating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s awesome news. Can you give more detail on how you initiated arbitration and through which means

upload_2020-8-22_4-43-59.jpeg

To the posters above my post, sorry to hear about your woes. Hope you all are getting taken care of with getting it fixed with no out of pocket costs.

So I just wanted to follow up on this issue since I've been tracking it since entering an intense used MX search.

Other than it being unsightly, and leaving a gummy mess, does this also lead to water leaking/entering the cabin? Or is it truly in fact cosmetic only?

UPDATE: I won arbitration with Tesla and they were ordered to repair failing seals under warranty. I was told by arbitration coordinator that Tesla will contact me within 30 days to arrange repair. We shall see.

I have the same exact issue on my mx, they said its cosmetic but Id like to pursue it so please advise on how to get in touch with sc or how to go into arbitration. Do you have any documentation that I may use to help my case? How did you refuse what sc said and went into arbitration ? Your help is much appreciated.

'16 MX 90D here. Every service appointment since purchase 5/25 (and at delivery over the phone #covid), I have requested these to be replaced under warranty, and every time the answer is the same..."environmental wear and tear, not covered". After pointing out increased wind noise in cabin at > 65 mph, SC said I should contact sales location and said they'd get me in touch with someone to follow up. Haven't heard back today, but did get an email last night that parts were ordered for my service visit, both "DOOR ROOF GLASS ASY", and since I didn't get a quote or agree to have it replaced at my expense I assume that it'll be covered under warranty or goodwill.

For those whom had theirs replaced with the latest revision of the seals, has the problem reoccurred ? I want to wait on putting up a fight until I know that it’ll be worth it. Otherwise all the arbitration and or litigation will be in vain if I win and a year or so from now it happens again.

ok Thanks for the encouragement. I’ll prob wait a few months I’m feeling burned out on dealing with Tesla for the past few months between vehicle and solar issues

Understood. I installed solar about a year and a half ago and considered Tesla for a brief moment. Everything was so disorganized, unreliable and one department did not know what the other department was doing, I gave up on that early. Went with a great medium sized company and great warranty and could not be more happy.