Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Door Glass Seal deteriorating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arbitration is really easy and free. Go for it.

1. Did u go for the oral hearing or documents-only hearing ?
2. How long did it from beginning to end ?
3. Did the Service Center respect the decision and fixed it 100% ? Or did they slack off ?
(I figure the other side of the trim needs to be replaced too - that is, the matching side on the car body which meets the moving door )

Thanks
Tim.

'16 MX 90D here. Every service appointment since purchase 5/25 (and at delivery over the phone #covid), I have requested these to be replaced under warranty, and every time the answer is the same..."environmental wear and tear, not covered". After pointing out increased wind noise in cabin at > 65 mph, SC said I should contact sales location and said they'd get me in touch with someone to follow up. Haven't heard back today, but did get an email last night that parts were ordered for my service visit, both "DOOR ROOF GLASS ASY", and since I didn't get a quote or agree to have it replaced at my expense I assume that it'll be covered under warranty or goodwill.

Apparently, the order email is auto generated when they enter it into the system. They discussed with my used delivery contact and in the end covered the entire replacement.

1. Did u go for the oral hearing or documents-only hearing ?
2. How long did it from beginning to end ?
3. Did the Service Center respect the decision and fixed it 100% ? Or did they slack off ?
(I figure the other side of the trim needs to be replaced too - that is, the matching side on the car body which meets the moving door )

Thanks
Tim.

1. Documents only.
2. Rule is needs to be compelled within 30 days.
3. They fixed it. I had to go back to arbitrator because no one called me for an appointment.
4. They replaced both sides.

But this is how I picked up the car (see attached). I really hate Tesla service at this point.

Attachments

• 8398CECA-45CC-445E-ADCE-87A0E5E77FD4.jpeg
    8398CECA-45CC-445E-ADCE-87A0E5E77FD4.jpeg
    459.4 KB · Views: 443
1. Documents only.
2. Rule is needs to be compelled within 30 days.
3. They fixed it. I had to go back to arbitrator because no one called me for an appointment.
4. They replaced both sides.

But this is how I picked up the car (see attached). I really hate Tesla service at this point.

I have an MX17 and have the same problem. I took it to the Dublin SC and they stated that this is from wear and tear and is not covered up warranty. However, what is wear and tear about degradation from the sun?

What kind of documents did you have to submit? It looks like I need to contact the NCSD about many hardware problems.

I have an MX17 and have the same problem. I took it to the Dublin SC and they stated that this is from wear and tear and is not covered up warranty. However, what is wear and tear about degradation from the sun?

What kind of documents did you have to submit? It looks like I need to contact the NCSD about many hardware problems.

Did you ever move forth with anything? I also have a MX17 and both sides of mine are shot. Tesla service just finished telling me via SMS that it is considered cosmetic damage and isn't covered.

Would prefer to not have the local SC dislike me, but will easily go the arbitration route if they are unwilling to cover this vehicle that is still under warranty

About a month ago I had one glass replaced on my 2017 X under warranty for this issue. My X is still under the 4 year used warranty. I was holding my breath when I made the appointment, but it was replaced no questions asked. I provided a picture and explained it was "sticky" to the touch. Estimate was $0 and when I picked it up they said it wasn't a big deal to replace just 4 bolts holding the glass in.

Reactions: WinterX
About a month ago I had one glass replaced on my 2017 X under warranty for this issue. My X is still under the 4 year used warranty. I was holding my breath when I made the appointment, but it was replaced no questions asked. I provided a picture and explained it was "sticky" to the touch. Estimate was $0 and when I picked it up they said it wasn't a big deal to replace just 4 bolts holding the glass in.

Wow, amazing how SC can differ SO MUCH. I got my local Austin service center on the phone last week, and told them I would prefer not to go the arbitration route, but if this is something that was fixed previously under warranty, legally Tesla cannot change what is covered and what isn't after the vehicle is sold. I was told if I was going to go that route they would hang up the phone on me right away. Currently waiting on a call back as he said he would speak to his manager.

Anyway you could post the invoice from this recent service please? I would like to provide my SC it, and show how other SC's are currently replacing this free of charge.

At this time I think I have similar issue with rubber seal with my 2017 MX. I am hoping Tesla Dublin SC covers this. If not what is the process of how should I go about this to make sure its covered under warranty.
Please keep us posted regarding your progress with this. Mine is sticky and falling apart and will need to be addressed before my warranty expires later this year.

I also was denied by my local Service Center here in Santa Clara. The tech said that its purely cosmetic and unless it leaks water it is not covered.

It looks like crap.
Ah, I wish this was not an issue on there flagship model like the Model X. I find it un acceptable for the seal to looks like that in few year specially when that is on a 120k + Vehicle.

Any idea where/how we can all together push tesla to replace these under warranty. I thought I did read somewhere that the new seal that if they do replace holds up way better than the original one.

Ah, I wish this was not an issue on there flagship model like the Model X. I find it un acceptable for the seal to looks like that in few year specially when that is on a 120k + Vehicle.

Any idea where/how we can all together push tesla to replace these under warranty. I thought I did read somewhere that the new seal that if they do replace holds up way better than the original one.
When seals on my car (2017) deteriorated in 2019, Tesla replaced them under warranty:

1617280994395.png

• Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0