Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon wing doors after version 9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed a change in opening Falcon Wing doors after Version 9 update? Perhaps a coincidence, but my doors would open much tighter inside my garage than they do now. I was able to open the doors almost fully, but now they seem to open outward more so than upwards. Even when forcing an override, the motion continues more outward than upward.

Yeah. Except a little different from yours. I had previously measured and my girlfriend described to me it seemed like the door was “avoiding” the garage door rail with how it opened in V8. I think that was more a matter of how it opens (up, out, up out) a negotiation between the upper peace that goes perpendicular to the car and the wing that is attached to it.

Well, I tried that same override in the gargae and it seems like it goes perpendicular super quick and even farther than before because I think it may have grazed the garage door opener itself. Definitely some type of change in behavior with V9.

Yeah. Except a little different from yours. I had previously measured and my girlfriend described to me it seemed like the door was “avoiding” the garage door rail with how it opened in V8. I think that was more a matter of how it opens (up, out, up out) a negotiation between the upper peace that goes perpendicular to the car and the wing that is attached to it.

Well, I tried that same override in the gargae and it seems like it goes perpendicular super quick and even farther than before because I think it may have grazed the garage door opener itself. Definitely some type of change in behavior with V9.

Like you, when I tried to override the opening, it would have hit the garage wall, which is something that would not happen with V8. Thanks for the prompt reply. I have raised a Support incident with Tesla regarding this "new" behaviour. I'll advise the response I receive.