Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Doors good or bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But to answer your question, I think the Falcon Wing Doors are pretty cool. They make access to the 3rd row much easier than in any other SUV. They also make loading infants and small children very easy on one's back. The doors look cool. Get use to people staring at your car whenever you open or close the doors. They take surprising little space on the side to open, just 18" needed between your X and the next car. The doors do take a little getting use to in terms of learning where to stand and where not to stand to avoid getting hit in the head. And the sensors can't detect all possible obstructions so you definitely have to pay attention, but I've had mine for 2.5 years without any door related accidents.

I’m getting my X in a couple of month hopefully. For now, what I can say is that I love the FWD when using them on all the X I have tested. On the other side, I’m terrified of no longer being able to mount something on my roof. Those roof racks are pretty convenient for camping. Need to find an alternative to them ;)

I’m getting my X in a couple of month hopefully. For now, what I can say is that I love the FWD when using them on all the X I have tested. On the other side, I’m terrified of no longer being able to mount something on my roof. Those roof racks are pretty convenient for camping. Need to find an alternative to them ;)
Just use the tow hitch for all those roof rack items ... bike racks/storage etc