Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon wing frozen? New delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New '23 plaid delivered yesterday, delivery was great and everything worked perfectly…. Until this afternoon. Passenger falcon wing door not working - screen shows both open and close buttons, small USS detection shown. Tried to force recalibration by manually opening and latching, but no go - computer didn’t even see the door was open at all.

tried:
  • holding down physical door button
  • holding down screen button (both open and close)
  • open button in app
  • scroll wheel reset
  • full power down
  • manually release FWD and lift fully open, actuate latch with screwdriver
  • looked for clues in the service menu, but nothing

Anything else to try while waiting for next week's service?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 1.17.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 1.17.43 PM.png
    556 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 1.25.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 1.25.13 PM.png
    266 KB · Views: 106
Someone had this issue too. Various factors but it may be due to the paint and how it's coated from factory. The only solution is to sand down the inside or something. THere's a thread about it.

Mine just stopped working too haha. Apparently the plastic aligner for the window fell inside the falcon door making it think something was there whenever it closed.

Reactions: ent3ndu
Someone had this issue too. Various factors but it may be due to the paint and how it's coated from factory. The only solution is to sand down the inside or something. THere's a thread about it.

Mine just stopped working too haha. Apparently the plastic aligner for the window fell inside the falcon door making it think something was there whenever it closed.
Hey I just watched your floor mats video before posting, loved it!

I've got a ranger coming out tomorrow morning, so I'll report back what they have to say. I guess I'll stop futzing around until they get here :p

Same thing happened to me!!! I just got the car on Saturday and the left FWD is already having sensor issues on Monday. I tried everything too like reboot and holding down physical and screen buttons to try to recalibrate (although I couldn't find the official Calibrate Door function). Unfortunately, I think the only way is to have Service fix it. My car is in Service since yesterday night. Hopefully they fix both our issues with the wings as soon as possible once and for all!

@everydaychris I just saw your video on the yoke steering wheel haha great video! Yoke all the way!

• Love
Reactions: everydaychris
Ok, mobile service came out but it was raining pretty hard today so they had me bring it in to the SC (kudos to the SC folks for getting me right in). On the drive in, I noticed that I no longer had both open & close buttons, it looked like it was normal.

The tech hooked up their computer and recalibrated the doors and sent me on my way. So far they're working ok but we shall see.....

How did that fix work out for you? Taking mine back in later this week.
It has been since last Thursday and so far so good. Is your FWD acting up again? Before I take delivery of my car, I had noticed issues of the wing already but Delivery said they only needed to recalibrate and it was working when I took delivery but only temporarily. That was when I had to still take my car in and they really had to fix it. Hope they fix yours once and for all. I'm still praying every day that I won't have issues with the FWD ever again lol.

• Love
Reactions: ent3ndu
It has been since last Thursday and so far so good. Is your FWD acting up again? Before I take delivery of my car, I had noticed issues of the wing already but Delivery said they only needed to recalibrate and it was working when I took delivery but only temporarily. That was when I had to still take my car in and they really had to fix it. Hope they fix yours once and for all. I'm still praying every day that I won't have issues with the FWD ever again lol.
Yeah, the passenger FWD (only) goes dead when it rains. It was raining yesterday and the door was borked; it's dry today and it works fine. Service appointment tomorrow.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
Yeah, the passenger FWD (only) goes dead when it rains. It was raining yesterday and the door was borked; it's dry today and it works fine. Service appointment tomorrow.
Was it a grounding issue? I had this on my 22 refresh. Took them some time to figure it out but they cleaned the connectors and secured them properly and they’ve been working fine ever since.

Bad news… not quite a month later and the problem has popped up again. 3rd service appointment now scheduled (4th if you count the ranger who couldn’t do anything).

Very annoying, doing no favors for my argument to my wife that we should sell the minivan (that has had 0 problems in the 7 years we’ve had it).

It would be very annoying to have to lemon law the X, especially since I spent a ton having OCDetailing put PPF and tint on it 😖

Bad news… not quite a month later and the problem has popped up again. 3rd service appointment now scheduled (4th if you count the ranger who couldn’t do anything).

Very annoying, doing no favors for my argument to my wife that we should sell the minivan (that has had 0 problems in the 7 years we’ve had it).

It would be very annoying to have to lemon law the X, especially since I spent a ton having OCDetailing put PPF and tint on it 😖
I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully third time's the charm. I hope they will be able to fix it this time Please keep us posted!

Hello, just wanted to follow-up to see if Tesla was able to fix your FWD issue(s). Hope all is well!