TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Falcon wing scratching and scuffing other parts

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by lloyds, Jun 5, 2016.

1. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Ive been blasting the ac to try and cool things out, but nothing is working. Tesla roadside tried their best over the phone. It needs to go into the sc to fix what shoukd have been fixed last time.

On a side note, its funny how everyones slowing down to see whats wrong as i push and pull this door. Not fun trying to do this at 117 degrees outside.

2. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Now this....sure dont see any obstacles 20160626_153458.jpg 20160626_153517.jpg

3. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

"Not fun" --> very impressed with your verbal restraint given the situation.

4. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Screaming kids and the whole 9, makes self much more patient. Tho I must say, I have a lot to tell my service advisor at this point.

5. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Truck is here

20160626_155524.jpg 20160626_160747.jpg 20160626_155534.jpg

6. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Just a curious observation ... passenger front door is also open. Related?

7. ohmman

That bungee cord makes me nervous.

8. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Thats correct, its not latching as well

9. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Tesla advised them to to put the bungee cord to prevent the door from swinging while on the road.

10. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Well at least the kids got a ride in a tow truck?

This has to take the cake for the biggest fail so far IMHO. I feel for @lloyds

11. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

They are in child seats, so no. I had to call my friend to pick them up while i waited for the truck. What a waste of a sunday. 20160626_161717.jpg

• Informative x 1
  12. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Glad I had Photosync installed to the whole car, kept it much cooler when it was 117 outside.

Also embarassing as people were taking pics and vids while I was fudging with the door.

13. ohmman

Ouch. Really sorry. Make sure your SA acknowledges the blunder and perhaps gains a few ounces of humility moving forward. Glad the worst of it is over.

14. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

So sorry to hear you went through this! Hope it is fixed for good ASAP!

15. DiveDeep

DiveDeep Member

How long ago did you take delivery? Was this a fresh out of the box problem, or have you been driving it a while?

16. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Im not an Ahole aboit these things....I just want a functioning car that, if it needs to go in, to get fixed the 1st time.

17. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Took delivery some time in April with 1k miles on it now. 15xx vin. Been in n out of service....hopefully, this is it and they decide to replace some parts.

18. ohmman

I wasn't suggesting being one, and I can't stomach being one either. I just think it's important when we're wrong to adjust our confidence level appropriately on certain topics. A service advisor who has other customers could probably revisit his policy if the response was as dismissive as you made it sound upthread. Other customers could benefit from that.

• Helpful x 1
  19. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Sorry, I didnt mean to infer you said that. I meant that I dont really ask for much. Just a working car and that service goes above and beyond to correct the issue. However, in my case it doesnt feel that way....including when my advisor said that the chipped door could only have come about if my front door was open and the falcon wing was opening / closing.

20. DiveDeep

DiveDeep Member

Sorry to hear of your ongoing troubles.. If there is one thing this whole thing with early build X quality has taught me AGAIN is that it's true.. You never want to be the FIRST to adopt a new widget... Or the last.