Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FalconHeavy caravan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for joining up on slack folks! Hopefully we get even more and can meet up! I'll be at the "feel the heat" area, I think BlueFuego is at the "closer" ticket spot. I assume we can all meet up and mingle before/after the event itself.

Not knowing how to join the group in slack.

2 more folks will be riding with me to the launch.
We have printed up our tickets and the plackard for the car has been delivered by FedEx.

The current driving plan is to drive down to the Florida Panhandle on Sunday and spend the nite there. Head to the East on Monday on I-10E to I-75S and to the Orlando area where we will probably stop. I used to go to Orlando as I had a work type contract there. Head on over to KSC on Tuesday morning.
After the event maybe we can all get together.
The following day we plan on heading back to the panhandle and may visit with relatives.
For folks heading further west to Texas say , there is room on a foldaway sofa if you wish to use it.

An invitation to join, if that is what is needed to join slack, could be handy.

Not knowing how to join the group in slack.

2 more folks will be riding with me to the launch.
We have printed up our tickets and the plackard for the car has been delivered by FedEx.

An invitation to join, if that is what is needed to join slack, could be handy.

Here you are! Create Account | Slack

For those that already have it, the slack group is tmcfalconheavy.slack.com, but you do need to use that invite link it seems.

oops I got the invite e-mail a short while ago and I joined, I have to go figure out how to use it. thanks
@ccdisce, just click on the "general" channel in tmcfalconheavy slack (left side menu on desktop or from menu in smartphone app). That's where most of the conversations are happening. A nice thing about slack is how easy it is to create sub-channels for different aspects of the same event.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenius
@FunkyJunk, we're largely traveling at different times. I suspect there'll be lots of Teslas in the area. Charging will be what it'll be. Personally, I'm taking a winding route down to Florida to notch up a bunch more superchargers. DC -> Richmond -> Norfolk -> Plymouth -> Raleigh -> Fayetteville -> Warsaw -> Wilmington -> Myrtle Beach and on South. I doubt many others will be following that path. :)

@FunkyJunk, we're largely traveling at different times. I suspect there'll be lots of Teslas in the area. Charging will be what it'll be. Personally, I'm taking a winding route down to Florida to notch up a bunch more superchargers. DC -> Richmond -> Norfolk -> Plymouth -> Raleigh -> Fayetteville -> Warsaw -> Wilmington -> Myrtle Beach and on South. I doubt many others will be following that path. :)

If you find your way over to the Atlanta area the SC in Atlanta-Decatur off the I-285E can be great at times, I have seen it at 116kw at slot 1A with a MS85 over at 2B and at 65kw at 2B a few days later with a Model 3 over 1A.

Being a combo Supercharger, and Delivery site it may be a good place to see a Model 3 if you need to see one while you charge, food/ coffee is another matter as the mall areas on both sides of Church St are not finished yet.