Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falling Canadian Dollar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think with the rate now at close to $1.24 CAD = 1 USD we are in for a price adjustment in Canada.
Have seen it many times in the past with other imported cars as the dollar moved around.
If Tesla doesn't adjust American buyers will get smart and start ordering their Tesla's from Canadian dealers.

@Jaff - What about Roadsters? Could I buy a Roadster in the US and bring it to Canada assuming that the usual conversions are done like DRLs, French airbag stickers, etc? My understanding is that there aren't a lot of Roadsters in Canada so there aren't many options if you want to buy one. I checked Autotrader a few days ago and there was only one for sale in Canada - in BC.

Roadster can now go both ways across the borders...it wasn't until a guy from Quebec brought a green Roadster in around Christmas of 2013, that we knew you could bring the Roadster in...IIRC, he had to pay around $3,000 to Tesla to "Canadianize it".

Have you check with Lawrence St....they seem to get one or two Roadster's a year in with pretty low kilometerage...the few times I'm down there, these look to be well cared for units...

@Jaff - What about Roadsters? Could I buy a Roadster in the US and bring it to Canada assuming that the usual conversions are done like DRLs, French airbag stickers, etc? My understanding is that there aren't a lot of Roadsters in Canada so there aren't many options if you want to buy one. I checked Autotrader a few days ago and there was only one for sale in Canada - in BC.

Have you check with Lawrence St....they seem to get one or two Roadster's a year in with pretty low kilometerage...the few times I'm down there, these look to be well cared for units...
There were a couple of Roadsters sitting there when I got my car a couple of weeks ago but they said that they didn't have anything for sale.

Ahh, I stand corrected then...if you haven't already done so, it might be a good idea to contact Martin to let him know that you are looking for one...als, keep checking the "Teslas for sale" here on this site as some do come up for sale now and then...

Aw crap, I'm super close to buying. The config I had optioned out went up $5,350. Doh.

Also:
Base 85 kWh went up $4,400 (5% increase)
Dual motor AWD went up $300
Dual chargers went up $100
Fancy paint went up $100
Leather seats went up $200
Obeche went up $50
Wall connector unchanged
Subzero unchanged

Interestingly the 85D EPA range dropped from 435km to 425km.

Last edited: