Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falls Creek - Destination Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Free to use for the public in the lower car park... Often ICE'd in winter - Always free in summer I've found.
No pre-arrangements needed, no booking, no hotel reservation needed. Just rock up and charge.

Attachments

• IMG_6110.JPG
    IMG_6110.JPG
    461.9 KB · Views: 165
That's a bit of a bugger (not being able to rely on it re being ICE'ed).....we'd be driving up in a Model X 75D (from Melbourne) and not sure if the trip will be doable (given being ICE'ed at Falls), leaving the car in the carpark for 7 days (not plugged in, I'd charge up and then move the car of course).....anyone's thoughts?

we'd be driving up in a Model X 75D (from Melbourne)
Very keen to hear how you go. I've been up there every year in my ICE, but this is my first year with my X75D. I'm going in late Aug.

My plan for when going up there is charging at Euroa then Albury before heading up to Falls. (Extra 50km's or so)

ABRP says you can make it with 10% if you stay at 100kmph... but that scars me with the elevation + cold temps, not going to risk it.
When I get up there i'll charge for the first day to 70% then park it in long term. I'll keep an eye on it a day before I'm due to leave and see if i need to charge for the trip down.

Wish the Bright supercharger was up and running.

Attachments

• FC.png
    FC.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
That's a bit of a bugger (not being able to rely on it re being ICE'ed).....we'd be driving up in a Model X 75D (from Melbourne) and not sure if the trip will be doable (given being ICE'ed at Falls), leaving the car in the carpark for 7 days (not plugged in, I'd charge up and then move the car of course).....anyone's thoughts?
If you have a week you should get a chance to grab a charge when some ICE moves their car.
I'd leave a note on your dash with your contact number for fellow Tesla drivers to hand over the spot if they need it.

Trouble is it's a day park (where the chargers are) and would be a bit of an effort to move the car from the night car parks when/if ones comes up.....how would i know it's come available and then know it's going to be available by the time I rush back up to my car and move it (getting ICE'ed in that time lapse).

I've attempted to ring Falls Creek listed number and it just rings out and eventually hangs up, then I called Falls main number and they transferred with the same out come (no answer).....

Update: Just got through to a nice lady at Falls and she said upon arrival just let the transfer desk know I need to charged and it's ICE'ed (she used different words ;)) and they'll call me when a spot becomes available (which they'll hold for me).

Reactions: lennier and Icey
I'm investigating this charger today, as it seems to be missing from the Tesla trip planner and destination charger list. Tesla Destination Charging in australia | Tesla
PlugShare app is showing recent user feedback that both chargers are out of order.
I called Tesla support number, they said that destination chargers are the responsibility of the land owner / host, Tesla just supply them with the hardware but take no responsibility for ongoing maintenance.
I called Falls Creek resort management, they had no idea it was out of order or that they are supposedly responsible, but did agree to submit a maintenance request so it can be looked at next time an electrician is up there.
I do feel bad for them, it shouldn't really be their problem, and they're just trying to provide a free service for visitors at their own expense.
I suppose everyone is still figuring out how the destination charger network gets maintained.
I'm not holding my breath for this to be fixed in a hurry!

I'm investigating this charger today, as it seems to be missing from the Tesla trip planner and destination charger list. Tesla Destination Charging in australia | Tesla
PlugShare app is showing recent user feedback that both chargers are out of order.
I called Tesla support number, they said that destination chargers are the responsibility of the land owner / host, Tesla just supply them with the hardware but take no responsibility for ongoing maintenance.
I called Falls Creek resort management, they had no idea it was out of order or that they are supposedly responsible, but did agree to submit a maintenance request so it can be looked at next time an electrician is up there.
I do feel bad for them, it shouldn't really be their problem, and they're just trying to provide a free service for visitors at their own expense.
I suppose everyone is still figuringF out how the destination charger network gets maintained.
I'm not holding my breath for this to be fixed in a hurry!
Further update: Tesla have confirmed that Falls Creek have withdrawn from the Tesla Destination Charger program, and Resort Management called me back to say that they are "soon" installing new chargers. Presumably they will be more general-use to support other brand vehicles.

Reactions: Nickdp