Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False alerts with driver door has been left open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get open window alerts on our 2018 Model S quiet often, even when the windows are closed just fine. I could schedule an appointment to try to fix, since the car is under warranty, but it won't do much, and possibly with the latest laser focus on profit they'll try to stick me with $175/hr fee for diagnostics if I cannot reproduce it right there and then for the tech. Same for power trunk on both of our 2015 and 2018 cars, when it gets cold, they fail to raise all the way - had the tech check it out when fixing a broken latch on the 2018 and he didn't find anything, but it still happens when weather gets cold. It's just part of the experience of driving experimental cars, which all Teslas are. Hey, at least my 2015 stopped opening the passenger door all by itself randomly once the external door handle died completely.

For the OP I believe that his door handle is affected by immersed water and the sensor is acting weird if ambient tem. is below zero. For the window issue try this simple seps:
740C8F9F-31A6-4642-AA38-5C0F12E5001F.jpeg