Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False BMW claims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ASA is probably just an "entertainment" organization with BMW paid advertising.

The ASA already banned a BMW ad a couple years ago. It was for the BMW ActiveE and it read "100% Joy. 0% Emissions" The ASA ruled that because electric cars mostly use electricity from the grid, they cannot be advertised as zero emission. So I don't think BMW has the ASA in their pocket.
ActiveE Mobility: Driving an Electric BMW 1-Series: banned AD

The ASA already banned a BMW ad a couple years ago. It was for the BMW ActiveE and it read "100% Joy. 0% Emissions" The ASA ruled that because electric cars mostly use electricity from the grid, they cannot be advertised as zero emission. So I don't think BMW has the ASA in their pocket.
ActiveE Mobility: Driving an Electric BMW 1-Series: banned AD
Banning an ad for a car that BMW doesn't sell, and will crush as soon as the leases are over, is hardly proof that BMW isn't in the ASA's pocket.

I think the reason for the BMW announcement and pre-order exaggeration is trying to take a bite out of Tesla's sales. They are using their known worldwide brand to squash the new guys before they get out of the gate.