Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False forward collision FSDBeta suspended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes after about five warnings. The first were false about keeping hands on the wheel on
long trips with very cold mornings and the cabin heat shut off. The final gotcha I suppose was on a trip I fiddled with the music and news selections, interrupting the implied tunnel vision required.
I never got credits for the multiple corrections I made for sudden ghost turns and surprise sudden stops.
This slap in the face dampens the spirit and excitement of beta participation.

Yes after about five warnings. The first were false about keeping hands on the wheel on
long trips with very cold mornings and the cabin heat shut off. The final gotcha I suppose was on a trip I fiddled with the music and news selections, interrupting the implied tunnel vision required.
I never got credits for the multiple corrections I made for sudden ghost turns and surprise sudden stops.
This slap in the face dampens the spirit and excitement of beta participation.
The car doesn't measure your hand temperature.

The car doesn't measure your hand temperature.
I couldn't figure out what previous poster meant.

Spent 280 miles today trying to figure out how cold temperatures pertained to beta lockout.

Surely that's not it - right? 4 strikes for "hand-wheel temperature delta"?

1647828056746.gif

2021.44.30.21 FSD Beta 10.10.2 suspension until next software update after false forward collision and an auto video save. One strange bug 🐞, has anyone else experienced this senario?
Never had any warnings about strikes, completely out of the blue. I had reoccurring disabled cruise, abs, traction control, regen braking, all the safety features were disabled. Turns out the left front wheel sensor was having intermittent faults(service couldn’t find a problem) until it finally failed altogether. Everything working now, still suspended from beta, five email to fsdbeta and nothing but crickets 🦗

Attachments

• 96BC4201-DEC9-48F3-86E2-659F2312FEF8.jpeg
    96BC4201-DEC9-48F3-86E2-659F2312FEF8.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 65
  • 16F0A6C8-C967-4D01-94AC-BCFF7252BD64.jpeg
    16F0A6C8-C967-4D01-94AC-BCFF7252BD64.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 58
While driving a few weeks ago while on autopilot the car came up on an 18-wheel flat bed. The flat bed was carrying a concrete beam. The car did not appear to see the truck and if I was not paying attention the car would have crashed into the trailer at high speeds. I went in for Tesla service and they did not appear to care about the incident. Made me think it was commonplace. The reason I was on auto piolet and not FSD beta was because after a year of no disconnects all of a sudden two almost in a row. One was at a stop light where the car was almost stopped. I have found no amount of hand pressure will stop the incessant need to turn the steering wheel. This past week on one day on three occasions while stopped at lights the car made me turn the steering wheel to avoid a disconnect. And the real problem is at times you need to shake the care to get it to accept the turn. I have complained. On the phone a technician agreed it was a problem and said it happens to him also. When I brought the car in I was told it worked fine but also told on the report that I agreed to Tesla terms. No communication from Tesla other then the report on the steering wheel issue or the almost accident.

Continued from above. I love the FSD understand they batá aspect of the system ALWAYS keep my hands on the wheel and try to be aware of the road. The only thing Tesla's incessant bad indications my hand is not on the wheel and the need not only to pay close attention to the road but to lower my head and look at the screen repeatedly.

Finally, I wish Tesla would accept as indicated by many that even with their hands on the steering wheel the car constantly wants to have the steering wheel turned every few seconds or so and stop threatening their loyal customers because of the fear a few are misusing the system. They won't catch them but drive the loyal rule followers crazy.

I have found no amount of hand pressure will stop the incessant need to turn the steering wheel
Probably because it can’t detect pressure. It asks you to turn the steering wheel because it measures the torque. It takes a little getting used to, but if you can, it feels very natural to put a little bit of weight to one side of the steering wheel. That way there’s always a little bit of torque to let the car know you’re still holding the wheel.

I used to always hold the steering wheel with both hands, but now I either hold it with one (if I feel it’s safe enough) or I’ll hold it with both hands with one hand applying more weight than the other. I also usually fight the Autopilot/FSD Beta steering just a little bit to let it know I’m still holding the wheel. I haven’t gotten a nag about not holding the steering wheel in weeks, whereas I got it constantly when I first got the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: JonB65
2021.44.30.21 FSD Beta 10.10.2 suspension until next software update after false forward collision and an auto video save. One strange bug 🐞, has anyone else experienced this senario?
I don’t have the beta yet as I’m on 2022.28.2. My safety score was 97 until today when it went down to 96 all because of a forward collision warning that made today’s score 47!!!

I was driving and there was a UPS truck in the turn lane ahead of me and one lane to the right. Other than that, there was nobody around and no possible cause for the “incident”. The car made a warning beep and I literally had no idea what it was about. I only realized it was a forward collision warning after I looked at my safety score (for the five minute trip).

Well, this doesn’t really affect my safety score in any meaningful way, and it clearly shouldn’t affect my ability to get the beta, if and when they ever release it to my version of the software (even though Elon said everyone was offered it, ignoring those of us on newer versions of the software). But this DOES present an issue if, as they do in other states, use this data for insurance rates. I wonder what a state insurance commissioner would think about rates based on flawed data?

• Informative
Reactions: dbldwn02
Well, this doesn’t really affect my safety score in any meaningful way, and it clearly shouldn’t affect my ability to get the beta, if and when they ever release it to my version of the software (even though Elon said everyone was offered it, ignoring those of us on newer versions of the software). But this DOES present an issue if, as they do in other states, use this data for insurance rates. I wonder what a state insurance commissioner would think about rates based on flawed data?
The insurance "safety score" has been around for years. It's always been voluntary and I can't imagine regulators making it mandatory anytime soon. My Ioniq5 has a "safety score" that can be reported to "participating insurers" I have an 80 in that car but I don't report to anyone.