Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False Frunk Open Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I'm having a weird issue that it seems on really warm days my frunk gives a false open alert which sets my car alarm and Sentry mode alarm off all day long. I've gone out and made certain that it was pushed all the way closed...I've done a reset by holding both knobs on the wheel but I generally just have to leave the car unlocked or else it keeps happening.

It's only happened twice and it's happened on the two hottest days in LA this year.

Anyone else have this experience?

Weird, my odd frunk behavior is different; but yesterday was our first day in the 80s, after a cool Spring, and I got a Stats notification that my frunk was open. I went outside, and yes, my frunk was open.

So I took my car in to try and fix this problem and they replaced the front body controller after they ruled out everything. Everything seemed to be fine after this but we haven't had a really hot day until... a couple weeks ago -- when the exact same thing happened again. As soon as the car heated up to over 125 interior temp the alarm started going crazy because the frunk was open (which it definitely wasn't.) Cabin Overheat Protection sporadically helped...but as the actual exterior of the car heated up the frunk reported a false open alert.

The second time they just replaced the latch and everything was fine. My service advisor in Burbank was like "They totally should have done this the first time, I can't believe they replaced the Front Body Controller, that is a much more expensive fix." It's been really hot in LA lately and I haven't had a single issue. She said "I'm going to submit a report to Tesla because you aren't the first person this has happened to..."

So yeah...

Reactions: KenC