Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False FSD Strikes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very speculative, but of course required to qualify as a wide release. Otherwise they aren’t giving the software to people who subsequently strike out (they are taking it back).
Exactly. Once FSDb is added to the production branch, there can be no strike system. It would be like Microsoft disabling Word because you have bad grammar.

I also received my fifth strike and am locked out. I am furious. I have had 4 lockouts in the last two weeks all saying I ignored warnings. This is total BS. The last one that I received tonight said I was using some device to trick FSD. Also total BS. Prior to the last two weeks I have had a few lockouts for exceeding the speed limit of 85 when I had to accelerate to avoid something. They're going to have to prove the accusations which are false. I now have a $15000 option that is useless for no good reason.

• Love
Reactions: josher32 and MTOman
I am so sad I got 5 strikes and lost fsd... Do yoiu think it will ever come back automatically and how long will it take....
I received my second strike today an a 2 hour drive. My hand was on the wheel for the ENTIRE drive and I looked away to check my phone and even gave the wheel a shake to let it know I was attentive, and I dinged me for not keeping strict eye contact on the road. Service advisor says its a temp 2 week suspension after I accumulate a total of 5 at any time.

For the first 6 months of ownership I’ve loved my MS Plaid. But lately, it’s become a a real little b*tch with no remorse, threatening me when it doesn’t think my eyes are on the road. I’ve never been in an accident and this software is not that smart, as it’s become extremely strict and trigger happy as of late. Tempted to sell the car and never look back. I hope somebody sues! I didn’t by this car and subscribe to FSD to have my driving style micromanaged

I received my second strike today an a 2 hour drive. My hand was on the wheel for the ENTIRE drive and I looked away to check my phone and even gave the wheel a shake to let it know I was attentive, and I dinged me for not keeping strict eye contact on the road. Service advisor says its a temp 2 week suspension after I accumulate a total of 5 at any time.

For the first 6 months of ownership I’ve loved my MS Plaid. But lately, it’s become a a real little b*tch with no remorse, threatening me when it doesn’t think my eyes are on the road. I’ve never been in an accident and this software is not that smart, as it’s become extremely strict and trigger happy as of late. Tempted to sell the car and never look back. I hope somebody sues! I didn’t by this car and subscribe to FSD to have my driving style micromanaged
What version of software? With 2022.44.30.10 (69.25.2) I have gotten several similar disconnects that were not actual strikes. One when looking at the monitor. 25.1 and earlier were different. Did you have to stop to reset the software to use FSDb and did it record an actual strike? My disconnects, so far, with 25.2 have not been recorded strikes just had to restart FSDb while driving. With 25.2 I have had it do this a few times, but no actual strikes. I'm still trying to learn how 25.2 is playing the game.

What version of software? With 2022.44.30.10 (69.25.2) I have gotten several similar disconnects that were not actual strikes. One when looking at the monitor. 25.1 and earlier were different. Did you have to stop to reset the software to use FSDb and did it record an actual strike? My disconnects, so far, with 25.2 have not been recorded strikes just had to restart FSDb while driving. With 25.2 I have had it do this a few times, but no actual strikes. I'm still trying to learn how 25.2 is playing the game.
I’m on 25.2 and have had a few panic disconnects as you describe and also a completely unprovoked strike that required me to put the car in park. (Driving straight on a 2 lane state highway with no traffic, immediately after sunset so there was still good light but no significant glare or shadows. I had just cleaned the windshield about 5-10 seconds prior and had one hand on the wheel. I noticed the screen flash blue and glanced down just in time to see the red wheel of death. No beeping or any other warning.

Reactions: PACEMD
I’m on 25.2 and have had a few panic disconnects as you describe and also a completely unprovoked strike that required me to put the car in park. (Driving straight on a 2 lane state highway with no traffic, immediately after sunset so there was still good light but no significant glare or shadows. I had just cleaned the windshield about 5-10 seconds prior and had one hand on the wheel. I noticed the screen flash blue and glanced down just in time to see the red wheel of death. No beeping or any other warning.
I used to have that I got 3 strikes and most of them at dusk. They changed various cameras etc. Finally, they changed my computer and now I am fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Dewg and sleepydoc
The only thing that resets the strike counter is an update from Tesla.
Not anymore. after being jailed with 5 strikes supposedly you get “out of jail” and get access back in 2 weeks appx.

i just got out of jail today and immediately got 9ne unprovoked highway strike. I even was tugging the sherl while top of screen was blue and didn’t get a reaction until I disengaged autopilot. Weird.

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Not anymore. after being jailed with 5 strikes supposedly you get “out of jail” and get access back in 2 weeks appx.

i just got out of jail today and immediately got 9ne unprovoked highway strike. I even was tugging the sherl while top of screen was blue and didn’t get a reaction until I disengaged autopilot. Weird.
What software version?

@AlanSubie4Life won’t believe your story unless you ahve a video of it.

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life