TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

False positive collision warning and beeping that won't stop

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by wayner, Sep 8, 2015.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

Last weekend while changing lanes I got the collision warning and beeping. I had just passed a car but I wasn't that close to it - but I have had these types of false warnings in the past. But this time the beeping didn't stop. The red crash symbol went away after a few seconds but I had to reboot the centre console to get the beeping to stop. Even putting the car in Park didn't help.

Has anyone seen this?

2. Barry

Barry Active Member

No, but are there some bugs or other debris on some of the sensors?

3. wayner

wayner Active Member

4. sethgodin

sethgodin Member

This happened to me last week as well.

I did a reset by pressing both thumbwheels on the steering wheel for five seconds and it went away.

5. Tree95

Tree95 Member

Yes, I had to reboot to get it to stop. This was using software in the May timeframe