Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False Security Alarm and Hood Open Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of months ago while at lunch, the Tesla app on my iPhone sends me multiple alerts that the alarm had been activated. When I finally got to the car to check it out, all appeared fine. A gardener who was working nearby tells me the alarm started to sound on its own with nobody near it. Okay so I think there's a glitch somewhere in the software that caused it to happen. When I got in to start driving I got a warning that the hood was open, but when I check it out I see that it's closed. So I pop the hood and close again it and the warning remains. I went ahead and did the reset with the steering wheel buttons and brake pedal but the warning didn't go away. It was the next morning after parking it in the garage I saw that the warning was no longer there so I think it might've been caused by a bug in the electrical circuit in the hood lock mechanism. All seemed fine until this afternoon when it happened again while at the supermarket. One constant in both occurrences is the weather outside was over 95 degrees so maybe it's heat related? Has this happened to any of you?

Good to hear.

Was gonna suggest it was the gardener since the cameras can be too sensitive (mine always alarms when a car turns near it when exiting an alley - not even so close as to splash water from a puddle but the headlight angle must spook it). The new update option to remove cameras from that decision swings the pendulum too far so I probably won’t use it when available but I sure hope they adjust the camera sensitivity/get some machine learning involved.

Anyway, with the hood involvement and actual fault issue, hope yours is completely resolved. May be an energy drain but the remote viewing cameras are nice (when they work) to help allay alarm based concerns.