Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Family man finding the S a little too tight. Is the X significantly better with kids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my S in 2016 my family was only two. Now its four, and the S is tough with two baby seats. Really only good for local drives and even then its tight getting the kids in and out. We have a Highlander so I we don't really NEED two SUV's but the falcon wing doors seem like game-changers when you have kids.

Has anyone gone from the S to the X? Was it worth it?
Is it significantly better if you have kids?

When I purchased my S in 2016 my family was only two. Now its four, and the S is tough with two baby seats. Really only good for local drives and even then its tight getting the kids in and out. We have a Highlander so I we don't really NEED two SUV's but the falcon wing doors seem like game-changers when you have kids.
Has anyone gone from the S to the X? Was it worth it?
Is it significantly better if you have kids?

The difference is HUGE. It will change your life. If you have kids, it is THE Tesla to have.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Model X is huge compared to the Model S. I can't speak the putting kids in it but the falcon wing doors allow great access. But I would suggest going and seeing one in person and test driving. Road trips for 2 adults and 2 dogs allow us plenty of room. Each do has their own kennel too.

I have an S and X. I have 2 kids in car seats. The X is much better with car seats as the falcon wing doors make it easy to put kids in. Also my older can get in and take care of himself like a minivan without me worrying about him dinging someone's door. Space is a bit bigger if you pack a lot of stuff on trips but it's not tremendously much more than the S. The 3rd row isn't much use unfortunately especially now it has no latch attachments.

The X is much better for families than the S. We've had the X for a couple of years now with three young kids and three carseats. We put them all in the middle row. The FWDs make it so easy to get the kids in and out of the car and also buckle the kid in the middle car seat while standing outside of the car. The S feels like a downgrade compared to the X.