Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Family man finding the S a little too tight. Is the X significantly better with kids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gone from the S to the X? Was it worth it?
Is it significantly better if you have kids?
It was the best move I could have made for me, but I do have two kids! Bought an S after my wife passed and loved it around town, but hated in on road trips and I could only fit a couple extra kids in the S.
With the 6 seat X, I load it up and drive around my kids and their friends every weekend. I don't have the center console in between the middle seats and access to the third row is a snap.
My kids think my car is a little much (matte wrapped midnight silver, chrome delete and powder coated black wheels), but their friends think I'm the coolest dad around.

It was the best move I could have made for me, but I do have two kids! Bought an S after my wife passed and loved it around town, but hated in on road trips and I could only fit a couple extra kids in the S.
With the 6 seat X, I load it up and drive around my kids and their friends every weekend. I don't have the center console in between the middle seats and access to the third row is a snap.
My kids think my car is a little much (matte wrapped midnight silver, chrome delete and powder coated black wheels), but their friends think I'm the coolest dad around.

Do you mind posting pics? I just purchased a used midnight silver also and been debating what kind of customization I should do to it. I kinda like the Chrome look, but definently think it would be "more hip" if I did some customization as I am still a fairly young guy, i think. Also, same boat, my kids friends love the X.

Reactions: Big Ike
Do you mind posting pics? I just purchased a used midnight silver also and been debating what kind of customization I should do to it. I kinda like the Chrome look, but definently think it would be "more hip" if I did some customization as I am still a fairly young guy, i think. Also, same boat, my kids friends love the X.
IMG_7339.jpg
IMG_7340.jpg
IMG_7341.jpg

Question for you guys - was considering an S but with 3 kids (age 3, 5 and 7) the X makes more sense. Planning on getting the 7 seater as I want to put the 3 kids in the middle row next to each other and have good space in the rear - and seats if needed.

Do the seats in the middle row move forward and back electronically and individually? Just want to separate them a bit and create some more space for the car seats by moving the middle seat forward and leaving the outer two further back,

Question for you guys - was considering an S but with 3 kids (age 3, 5 and 7) the X makes more sense. Planning on getting the 7 seater as I want to put the 3 kids in the middle row next to each other and have good space in the rear - and seats if needed.

Do the seats in the middle row move forward and back electronically and individually? Just want to separate them a bit and create some more space for the car seats by moving the middle seat forward and leaving the outer two further back,

The middle row and be adjusted manually to move forward and recline. It's broken into 2 sections so you can get 2 seats to move and keep 1 as is etc. My parents have a 7 seater and the rear 2 seats are hard to get to and only a child can fit back there. We have the 6 seater on ours and it's a much more comfortable setup for passengers and the captains chairs are powered. However if you needed to have 5 people in the car your storage space would be reduced in the 6 seater. Also the middle chairs can't fold flat in the 6 seater like the 7 can. Despite the shortcomings everyone that we know that has been in both prefer the 6 too.

2016 Model X | Tesla

Loaded P100D X for $69,100 w. FSD. Incredible deal and pair it with the MCU2 $2500 upgrade and you have a very nicely priced family hauler that can do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds.

Looks like a great deal. Just recently purchased a 16 X and considering upgrading to a 100 X for the range, but been hesitating as AZ just changed their EV laws by discontinuing carpool access and the cloud license plate registration for 5 years. Carpool access is huge and debating if the additional 100+ mile range is worth the tradeoff