TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fan goes to "High" when making phone call!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drone Flyer, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Whenever I initiate a call, the fan goes to 10 or 11 every time. Anyone else experience this?

2. Electroman

Electroman Active Member

well.. then don't blow hot air

• Like x 1
  3. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I assume you've done this but I'll ask anyway, MCU reboot?

Are you on 2018.26.x?

4. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Hey Tony. I’m on 26.3 with no phone issues. BTW I really like the subtle beep when ‘walk away lock’ locks.

5. Drone Flyer

Yes, done all the reboot stuff. Very weird.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

My old Cadillac would automatically slow the fan whenever I made or received a Bluetooth call. Genius. My Model S and X both seem to just control the fan speed with no regard for anything else. I have set my right scroll wheel to control fan speed. I slow it down before I make a call, then push it afterwards to put it back in Auto. Problem with that is you can't do it when your in a call because the right scroll wheel is taken over for phone functions.

7. Drone Flyer

Yes exactly. Once you are in a call you have to go to the bottom of the screen to select fan. Gotta get this done soon as I am approaching my warranty limit. LOL!

8. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I'm also on 26.3. Love the beep as well. Have noticed some audio dropout issues with this update though when streaming from my phone. The entire car loses audio sometimes, including things like turn signals.

9. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

OK, thats weird. No problem here but I don't stream from my phone. I just stream from the car audio.

• Like x 1
  10. Drone Flyer

I see this thread got hijacked!