Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan Position 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I don't get any air from position 1 on the fan control. Everything lights up ok - only get fan running on speed 2 or 3. Assume this is not normal - any ideas about where this is all controlled from?

Thanks as usual to the brain trust!

Seems not to be normal to me, mine is blowing at 1, and 2 and 3 is just more airflow, but it starts at "1" - 0 is off.
Any difference if you set to windshield or passnger (right knob @full right or full left) ?

Seems not to be normal to me, mine is blowing at 1, and 2 and 3 is just more airflow, but it starts at "1" - 0 is off.
Any difference if you set to windshield or passnger (right knob @full right or full left) ?

No, no fan on position 1 no matter where the direction is - ok seems this is not normal. OK now to get to the bottom of this...any gems? I must admit its been like this since I had the car...

Thanks,

Sorry for the confusion. Mine doesn’t have any numbers, so I wasn’t considering position 0.

2E2AA704-3B0C-4A0D-8F66-BAAA4659494D.jpeg

Roadster 2.5 has 0-1-2-3 just beneath the Alpine unit; but, yes @Jonathanm you have something that isn't normal. I get air flowing while the car is moving even on zero which is only stopped by physically closing the vents or switching to internal circulation only, however 1-2-3 are fan settings with corresponding increasing speed.

The fan speed is controlled by the HVAC module. It does not use a blower motor resistor like the lotus. It could be the switch, as it has three separate 12V feeds into the HVAC module, one for each speed.
Thanks for this...switch first place to check....if I remember correctly whole dash and stereo needs to be removed first before I can get to the fan controls?

Try some contact cleaner on the switch - you may need to remove the switch panel - but often the contacts between the pads on the switch accumlate grime which prevents a good electrical contact. If you do that switch, worth doing the others at the same time.