Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan Speed Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nate704

Apr 20, 2021
Virginia
So, the temperature button gets the left/right arrows, so that we can adjust more precisely without having to use the slider.
I don't understand why Tesla doesn't do the same for the fan speed.
There is no fan speed button on the main screen - it needs to be placed right next to the temperature button with ARROWS!
Every time I try to change the fan speed by hand while driving, it jumps from 1 to 5 and back to 3 and 4 and 6 and goes on.
It is very dangerous while driving/ (I know you can use the voice command, but simple arrow touch will be way better and faster and easier).

Might be dependent on the situation. I have Been using AUTO exclusively for almost 3 years, through summer as well as winter, with great results. Is it perfect? Probably not, but it works.

My car has been in Auto 72 degrees (summer) and auto 70 degrees (winter) since I bought it, in dec of 2018. I dont get snow here though. It gets cold enough at night (sometimes below 32) but it warms up during the day.

I used auto on my BMWs and dont feel the tesla system is much different for me in auto.

Reactions: GtiMart
There are plenty of times when I just want a little fresh air with neither heat nor AC, but want to be able to change the fan speed easily.

Oh yeah, I get that. These things are very personal. Some people like riding around with the windows open (for example) and I cant stand it. There is never a time when I want what you just described, but fully understand that its very personal.

I agree. And we had a better fan speed + - control previously. And please fix the voice control for fan speed it has never worked right.
Yeah, I like the older control previously with + - control. The current slider is horrible for adjusting while moving. Like OP I find myself sometimes clicking the wrong speed and having to adjust back and forth. I don't use voice controls at all, so would not be able to comment on that.

I think Tesla could also put the scroll wheels on the wheel to better use if they make the functions customizable.

Reactions: nate704
My car has been in Auto 72 degrees (summer) and auto 70 degrees (winter) since I bought it, in dec of 2018. I dont get snow here though. It gets cold enough at night (sometimes below 32) but it warms up during the day.

I used auto on my BMWs and dont feel the tesla system is much different for me in auto.
Do you still get the stinky ac smell having driven in AUTO mode for so long? I heard this setting helps reduce the smell issue.

Do you still get the stinky ac smell having driven in AUTO mode for so long? I heard this setting helps reduce the smell issue.

I have had it twice over my ownership period. the first time after about 2 years of ownership. The second time was developing right now, after another 2 years.

I just have earmarked that the filters are a 2 year consumable item for me.

I think it’s silly, too, to not have a more user friendly setup for fan speed. I hope it’s something they’ll change too, in addition to having fan speed available from the app, and anywhere a/c can be accessed from. In the meantime, this can be done through voice commands, no matter where you are on the screen.