Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan speed goes up to 11 after update ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that after the last software update the fan speed when in range mode now all of a sudden goes up to 11 instead of being limited to 8. Did anybody else notice that ?

Yes.

I posted about it several days ago, in the 7.1 thread:

I have not been around the forums as much as usual the past few weeks, so it is possible the following has been mentioned / discussed, but I did get caught up on this thread, and I am reasonably certain it has not been mentioned here, where it belongs, so...

Driving today, on version 7.1.2.18.77, with range mode on, I changed my temperature from 64 to "lo" and the fan speed kicked all the way up to 11. In the past, with range mode on, the fan speed would have been limited to 8.

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but this was new (and welcomed) behavior for me.

Fan speed has gone to 11 for at least 2.5 years (when I got my car) and probably much longer.

Fan speed in range mode has topped out at 8 in the past. At some point (recently-ish?), software changed that to 11. I don't think 11 is '3 faster' than the old 8, but I could be wrong...

Reactions: Andyw2100
I just noticed that after the last software update the fan speed when in range mode now all of a sudden goes up to 11 instead of being limited to 8. Did anybody else notice that ?

Yes, I am pretty sure this happened with 2.18.77 while in range mode. That is when I first noticed it.
So I have my fan speed set to the right hand scroll wheel on the steering wheel.
Usually had it down to 1 or 2.
Then one day while cleaning I pressed the scroll wheel and Voila! the HVAC system went into AUTO mode.
I was never aware of that. It then selects the appropriate fan speed based on your temperature setting.

BTW, does anyone know how to show the interior cabin temperature? My iPhone shows it but I somehow cannot find the
cabin temperature on any of the displays?? The temp on the instrument cluster appears to be the external temperature.

If range mode was off, it's gone to 11 for as long as I've had my 85D (15 months). Turning on range mode used to limit it to 8. But, a recent software update no longer limits the speed to 8 when range mode enabled