Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan speed keeps resetting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to keep my AC fan speed around 4 or 5 but whenever I charge my Model S overnight or let it sit for a day the fan speed resets to 1 the next time I get in to drive it. I have done both a soft and hard reset. Before version 9 upgrade, it never did this. This happens to anyone else?

This sounds a lot like a profile issue, as Tesla has made climate control settings tied to a profile. When you check or adjust fan speed when you first get in the vehicle, before stepping on the brake, you are in the "Easy Access" profile. Any adjustment you do will be "lost" after you step on the brake, when it then switches to the driver profile (depending upon which key is detected), and the climate control switches to whatever fan speed was in effect when you last drove the vehicle.

If you set the fan speed while in the driver profile, it might look like it "forgot" your setting when you next get back in the vehicle and look at it while you are in the Easy Access profile.

This sounds a lot like a profile issue, as Tesla has made climate control settings tied to a profile. When you check or adjust fan speed when you first get in the vehicle, before stepping on the brake, you are in the "Easy Access" profile. Any adjustment you do will be "lost" after you step on the brake, when it then switches to the driver profile (depending upon which key is detected), and the climate control switches to whatever fan speed was in effect when you last drove the vehicle.

If you set the fan speed while in the driver profile, it might look like it "forgot" your setting when you next get back in the vehicle and look at it while you are in the Easy Access profile.
The Easy Entry profile should only save steering wheel and seat positions. Nothing else. But it’s probably not implemented properly.