Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan won’t go off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Sorry if mentioned before in the forum, but we’ve just had a great drive down to the south of France in the Tesla 3 LR which was a great experience, no issues etc. but now the fan won’t go off. The temp is a delightful 24c but the cars in the shade and we’ve been here now for over for 3 hours and we were taking the drive pretty easily given the number of speed cameras in the area . So far we’ve lost 3% battery, but we are in a very remote part so electric charging could be interesting.

Any ideas why it’s still on, and perhaps more pertinently how the hell do I turn it off?! Ps I have tried the double steering button press reset and that didn’t work…

Hi all. Sorry if mentioned before in the forum, but we’ve just had a great drive down to the south of France in the Tesla 3 LR which was a great experience, no issues etc. but now the fan won’t go off. The temp is a delightful 24c but the cars in the shade and we’ve been here now for over for 3 hours and we were taking the drive pretty easily given the number of speed cameras in the area . So far we’ve lost 3% battery, but we are in a very remote part so electric charging could be interesting.

Any ideas why it’s still on, and perhaps more pertinently how the hell do I turn it off?! Ps I have tried the double steering button press reset and that didn’t work…

You're going to have to tell us about all the obvious stuff first ... status of cabin overheat protection setting (despite it not seeming hot enough to warrant it being active), climate not accidentally set to stay on, status of camp mode and dog mode, has the car been locked and undisturbed for all that time?

When you say the double button reset didn't work what actually happened? ... do you mean it didn't appear to go through the reset process or do you mean it went through the reset as expected but the fan came back on again afterwards as it was doing before?

I think I would take it for a short drive and after coming back, lock and leave it and cross my fingers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Toblerone
It's varied a bit between releases, but the car can continue to do thermal management for several hours after you park. I would regard this as normal. EDIT: Although losing 3% charge due to thermal management does seem excessive.