Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fantastic Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hacer

Apr 13, 2016
Clarksville, MD
On Monday my passenger side rear door handle stopped retracting; I used the app to schedule service. I got an email the same day for a scheduled service appointment for April 10 at the Rockville service center; The next day I got a text message and email asking if I would like to have the repair done by mobile service, I replied OK so long as it's done before the 14th. They scheduled it for April 4th at 2:30 at my workplace.

Today, the ranger calls me to explain he's arrived about 20 minutes early. No problem so I explain where my car is parked and meet him there. He confirms which door handle has the problem (sure enough, the one that's still sticking out while the car is locked) and says that he'd like to perform the recall replacement of my airbags as well. It would take about 1.5 hours and there was nothing more I needed to do.

About 2 hours later the ranger calls to say all the work is done and he's off to his next appointment. There is nothing for me to sign, no cost (it's warranty). Everything in the car looks and works perfectly, and it took nearly no effort/time at all from me. I couldn't be more pleased with the whole experience!

Tesla's service is super.

Reactions: Patrick W and trace
I second the experience. I had the ranger out of Rockville and just today one from Grasonville. They were both great and even addressed some ‘oh by the ways’ that I had.

I tried the SC in Rockville a few weeks back and ended up writing a letter to Tesla on the disorganization. My lesson learned is the mobile techs are the way to go especially because I’m 2 hours away from the SC.

That's really cool! I have only had the mobile tire service so far, and used the local service center a few times. Both have been fantastic!

I do wonder, if the mobile service would come in any weather, though. If it rains or snows, it may not be very pleasant, or even impossible to work outside.