Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fantastic Tesla 90D Lease deals for someone ready to jump on it now -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a good deal on a S75D to purchase, possibly lease depending on the offer. I'm wanting to keep costs down as I'm younger (25) and not as financially able as some on this forum.

Looking for either a black or white, preferably textile, with autopilot. I'm not looking at CPOs since I want an AP2 car and can take advantage of both the CA and federal rebates. Willing to pick it up anywhere in CA.

Let me know if anyone can guide me to a deal.

Your deposit is lost if you decide to walk away.

Right, but I thought you could transfer the deposit to another car if you decide to walk away from one. The scenario I am thinking about is if you pick an inventory car and it turns out to be fairly worn/damaged and you don't want it. If so, do you need to immediately move your deposit to another car or is there a period of time you can wait so you can find a deal on one. Just looking for strategy here.

Right, but I thought you could transfer the deposit to another car if you decide to walk away from one. The scenario I am thinking about is if you pick an inventory car and it turns out to be fairly worn/damaged and you don't want it. If so, do you need to immediately move your deposit to another car or is there a period of time you can wait so you can find a deal on one. Just looking for strategy here.

7 days from I understand.

If you put a deposit down on a car and back out, does Tesla hold on to your deposit indefinitely? Or is there a time limit on when you need to move it to a different car?

We put down a $5,000 deposit on 11/4/2012 on an "original" Model S we'd designed online but never completed our order until we moved it to our inventory "gen2" P85D on 7/26/2015, and took delivery 7/31/2015... 32 months after our initial deposit.

When we made our original deposit in 2012 it was 100% refundable. Not sure deposits are refundable today.

Biggest mistake was not buying $5,000 in Tesla stock in 2012 when TLSA shares were $32.00 a share (vs. $347/share ~ $54,000 now). Would have covered half the price of our P85D. :cool:

Reactions: caltechkid
Most deals have gone. A few seem to trickle in here and there.

I agree that most of the deals are gone - there's no "dump" of inventory cars going on after the flood of recent 90Ds that were snatched up. But make your OA look for them. Tesla is still popping out an amazing deal every so often. My OA found an AP1 P100DL with $45K price reduction that leased for $956/month (I understand about half off regular lease rate). It was grabbed by someone on TMC!

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I agree that most of the deals are gone - there's no "dump" of inventory cars going on after the flood of recent 90Ds that were snatched up. But make your OA look for them. Tesla is still popping out an amazing deal every so often. My OA found an AP1 P100DL with $45K price reduction that leased for $956/month (I understand about half off regular lease rate). It was grabbed by someone on TMC!

Sheesh. That's an awesome price!

Are you guys saying they are doing 2 year leases again? If so, any ideas on terms/payments?
Yes they are. Not as great of a program as it was last year.

You'll find that a car closer to MSRP will cost you more per month on a 2 year than a 3 year, similar to what you'd see with BMW and Mercedes. They actually got their residuals right this time for the 2 year program.

A car with a 25k+ discount will see a significant change in payment. Also depends on the model.

I posted it solely for those that would rather do a 2 year vs 3 even at the same payment price

Ah. My 90d with a 21k discount is scheduled to be in next week. I started with a 3year lease but decided to buy. Im wondering what a 24 month lease would look like though. My 3 year was about 780 with about 6k upfront.