Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FAQ support page still shows Cybertruck price as....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cybertruck Ordering FAQ | Tesla 2022-03-28 19-07-03.jpg

Cybertruck FAQ ordering

he did honor the $35k SR 3 price though. Hope he does the same with CT
Yep.

I‘m not sure what’s going to happen. Nor does anyone else. Just kind of reset my expectations. I think it will still be the best value in electric trucks. Just maybe not quite what was presented on day 1. We’ll see.

This is my prediction:
1. Quad will be the only CT produced in the next 3 years.
2. Extra motor will be a mandatory 10k on top of the 67K initially estimated for the Tri. 67k --> 77K
3. Three years of inflation needs to be factored in. Lets be conservative and use 10% per year. 77k --> 102.5k
4. We all got a deal on FSD but since Tesla has raised that price substantially and will do so again, they will want to capture a portion of that by upping the base cost. I'm going to go with 5k on that. 102.5 --> 107.5k
5. Tesla likes round numbers so for the first 3 years, I don't believe anyone will be able to get a Cybertruck for less than 108K. I plan on paying it. I'll probably reconsider if it ends up being over 125K which I think is a very likely possibility.

This is my prediction:
2. Extra motor will be a mandatory 10k on top of the 67K initially estimated for the Tri. 67k --> 77K
3. Three years of inflation needs to be factored in. Lets be conservative and use 10% per year. 77k --> 102.5k
4. We all got a deal on FSD but since Tesla has raised that price substantially and will do so again, they will want to capture a portion of that by upping the base cost. I'm going to go with 5k on that. 102.5 --> 107.5k
5. Tesla likes round numbers so for the first 3 years, I don't believe anyone will be able to get a Cybertruck for less than 108K. I plan on paying it. I'll probably reconsider if it ends up being over 125K which I think is a very likely possibility.

The whacky insano predictions have no end. That's a 45% increase on their highest trim. It is a 110% increase over the most popular launch configuration. That is not inflation, that's self hate.

The average truck price is around $50k or less even with inflation. Dual motor was same price as the Model Y at launch. Likely Dual motor will be similar cost to the Model Y when it ships. Likely less since it's always fraught increasing prices from what people expected (Look at Rivian).

Tesla wants to sell 250k+ trucks a year. They are not going to ridiculous this into oblivion.

The whacky insano predictions have no end. That's a 45% increase on their highest trim. It is a 110% increase over the most popular launch configuration. That is not inflation, that's self hate.

The average truck price is around $50k or less even with inflation. Dual motor was same price as the Model Y at launch. Likely Dual motor will be similar cost to the Model Y when it ships. Likely less since it's always fraught increasing prices from what people expected (Look at Rivian).

Tesla wants to sell 250k+ trucks a year. They are not going to ridiculous this into oblivion.
Based on what you said above, that I bolded, my estimation is low. The price on the dual motor CT was originally stated at 49K. I'll take your word for it the Model Y was the same at the time. The Model Y is now 68 grand. That's more than a 15% yearly increase.

We can argue until the cows come home but why bother, the truck will start selling within a year and we will find out. You have my prediction, no CT gets sold for less than 108 in the first 3 years, now let's have your prediction. Winner gets gloating rights.

Based on what you said above, that I bolded, my estimation is low. The price on the dual motor CT was originally stated at 49K. I'll take your word for it the Model Y was the same at the time. The Model Y is now 68 grand. That's more than a 15% yearly increase.

We can argue until the cows come home but why bother, the truck will start selling within a year and we will find out. You have my prediction, no CT gets sold for less than 108 in the first 3 years, now let's have your prediction. Winner gets gloating rights.
There will be a dual motor CT with around 300 miles range priced inline with Model Y LR or less (as it was at launch). Very likely less.

Hard to say what happens with rest of the lineup since we don’t really know what the final lineup looks like. Is there even a tri motor? Is Quad a Plaid config or did they just bump the tri up to 4 motors? Is there going to be a single motor at all?

It’s a giant bag of question marks. I’m pretty comfortable there will be a mid-range work/ pro truck with dual motors. Beyond that it’s hard to say what the lineup looks like.

This is my prediction:
Given all the extra development costs for the quad motor, I'd predict that the only truck available for at least the year after production starts will be the dual motor, which is where the most volume is.
Then its a toss up between single motor and the performance, but the performance is much more complex.