Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Cage...by RevereWare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were at a motel last week where our X was parked less than 5 feet from the front wall. I locked the car but would see it wake and unlock through the window. We moved both keys to the furthest point away in the room with no luck. The car kept waking up, unlocking and taunting us with its cool looking headlights.
I couldn't move the car because this spot had the 10-50 socket we were charging from.
We finally got the idea to put both FOBs in a stainless steel pot in the kitchen, and put the lid on. The car finally stayed lock.
Moral of the story- always travel with cookware (or invest in the foil lined FOB holders)
Moral 2- always check for FOBs before cooking your oatmeal.

An empty Altoids tin works well, too.
But, as you see below, an Altoids can can only hold one FOB. This is clearly a case of Altoids not caring about customer service. Every other mint container I have ever owned, either luxury or from a gas station, has always held 2 FOBs.
Please tweet Mr. Allen Toids and demand a 2-FOB can. If they cannot handle something this basic, I am prepared to cancel my reservation for the Model 3 Wintergreen mints coming out next year, or in 2025. I understand this new model will not only be "curiously strong," but "ludicrously strong'" and the can will come with a heads-up display.
An no, before you ask, I do not have a short position on Altoid stock...I'm still a fan.

Attachments

• IMG_20170311_121727355.jpg
    IMG_20170311_121727355.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 179
I used to keep my keys on the table as I walk through the door, but since I got my X I also noticed it will randomly unlock and turn on the headlights in the garage. Now I keep the key on the other side of the house. Anyone else have a creative solution? Does anyone make some sort of wood lined nice looking fob holder that happens to be a faraday cage?