Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future Live Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, maybe the inflation will catch up by then and the car pricing will get inline with others EV
Except that, over time, battery costs will continue to decrease and there will be EVs even less expensive than any of ones available today. On the other hand, maybe the FF prototypes will become collectors items after the company goes under and their value will increase?

Reactions: ABC2D
Okay I'm almost sure this company is one giant scam to use VC money and debt (never to be paid back) to farm American talent/IP. here are the steps.

1. Chinese billionaire wants to start EV company but has zero idea on how to do it. Chinese engineers are not a good/experienced as silicon valley counterparts.
2. Chinese billionaire starts two companies, one in USA, and one in China. only really plans to run Chinese one.
3. Uses seed money to start a debt/VC snowball in US company to fund R&D, actually begins building factory in China. Makes separate holding company for in Cayman Islands for all the IP the American company will produce.
4. Constant teases for future products to keep the debt/VC money pipeline flowing.
5. Company eventually goes under, leaves all the VC investors and boldholders who paid for R&D holding the bag while he takes his IP back to China to run LeEco. In the end he gets IP/R&D for pennies on the dollar because the VC investors and bondholders paid for it and got bankrupted in return.

1. Chinese billionaire wants to start EV company but has zero idea on how to do it. Chinese engineers are not a good/experienced as silicon valley counterparts.

For the first unveiling, American team produced the FF Zero 1 that looks like a Batmobile but couldn't even run. And if it could run, its speed could easily be 200 mph!

t1qt34q8styyiulm49kd.jpg

In the mean time, LeEco Chinese team produced one that doesn't look like a Batmobile:

leeco-lesee-concept-4_600x0w.jpg

In the mean time, LeEco Chinese team produced one that doesn't look like a Batmobile:
Except that the LeEco LeSee was designed by the US Faraday Future team at Jia's insistence and they didn't even get paid for the work. And this diversion caused FF to miss their goal of building and showing off their own prototype at CES last year, so that's why they came up with that ridiculous Batmobile (because they had to show something).

http://jalopnik.com/leecos-car-was-designed-by-faraday-future-employees-who-1790163868

I bought every one of my cars for under $300,0000. A fully loaded Tesla is also under $300k. Its not a very specific statement unless someone thought it was going to be a $400,000 car. Reporters are not known for putting statements into context. Perhaps he was speaking with someone who thought it was going to be a half a million dollar car and he was just resetting that persons expectations without putting any real pressure on his own price at this point.

"Under $300,000" is highly suggestive of a price between 200k and 300k in the top spec configuration. I don't quite see the value.

By the time the FF 91 is on the market (Best case 2019? 2020?), a top end Model S should have a similar battery pack capacity, and maybe as much as 300 kW charging on the supercharger network that covers most of the world, and it should be full self-driving. The Model S also already has better performance.

B
Okay I'm almost sure this company is one giant scam to use VC money and debt (never to be paid back) to farm American talent/IP. here are the steps.

2. Chinese billionaire starts two companies, one in USA, and one in China. only really plans to run Chinese one.
3. Uses seed money to start a debt/VC snowball in US company to fund R&D, actually begins building factory in China. Makes separate holding company for in Cayman Islands for all the IP the American company will produce.
4. Constant teases for future products to keep the debt/VC money pipeline flowing.
5. Company eventually goes under, leaves all the VC investors and boldholders who paid for R&D holding the bag while he takes his IP back to China to run LeEco. In the end he gets IP/R&D for pennies on the dollar because the VC investors and bondholders paid for it and got bankrupted in return.
brillant. And venture cap, seed investments junk bonds kickstarter -all at your own risk. Jia is simply playing by American capitalist playbook and you criticize ridicule and judge because of your prejudices against China - how typical

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: RobStark and ABC2D
What's up with that huge air intake...

I think they said for aerodynamic.

Why is there a tow hook in the front?

Some race tracks requires a racing tow hook.

Some people who never go to a race track but still want it for the "look" and impression that they are "always" at the race track.

Any how, this FF Zero 1 Batmobile does not run so all of these are just talks!

I think they said for aerodynamic.

Some race tracks requires a racing tow hook.

Some people who never go to a race track but still want it for the "look" and impression that they are "always" at the race track.

Any how, this FF Zero 1 Batmobile does not run so all of these are just talks!
That's not just a tow hook, that's the world's first $52,495 tow hook.

Dan

I guess FF will have to walk back their claim that their stripped down FF91 is the world's quickest production car with a 0-60 mph time of 2.39 seconds. A similarly stripped down Model S P100D (which really is a production car) was able to do the same in under 2.1 seconds.
Electric GT unveils stripped-down Tesla Model S P100D with 2.0-sec 0 to 60 mph acceleration

They should have anticipated that putting so much stock and presentation time during their big reveal into the drag racing performance of their car was a risky move since it would be easy enough for a competitor to tweak their own car to outdo the FF91. Instead, they should have spent some (any) time demonstrating their claimed unique features... you know, the things that make this a new species.