Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future Live Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it had quad motors I would say they have a ton of room for improvement. They are of to a good start with that torque.

Did anyone notice the car with the body wrap did not have working lights or finished interior? The grey one that YT about drove into the display had some working lights and some interior finished (only the upper dash by the windshield was shown)

They also gave us a side shot into it with both doors open - it appeared to have a four seat configuration and what looked like wine glasses sitting on the rear center console...

Viewing the FF presentation from the perspective of a new X owner and father of a toddler and infant, the rear doors of the FF91 appear to be poorly designed for carseats. And what about cargo space? With that lidar in the front, I don't imagine there being much of a frunk. I'm sure there's a trunk- wonder if it'll fit a double stroller.

I hope the end product ends up being more versatile than it appears to be thus far, so it appeals to a more varied market. For the sake of the EV market, I'd really like FF to succeed.

Pretty sure they were aiming for comfort, not utility. That's just me judging by how they were describing the car.

Pretty sure they were aiming for comfort, not utility. That's just me judging by how they were describing the car.

Yeah I agree with you.

But to advance their new "species", I feel they ought to have targeted the Model X (or S) market. To me, they really needed to hit the FF91 out of the ballpark, which I don't believe they did. Sure, they achieved a remarkable engineering feat, but to target a seemingly small market? Fail in my books. And it really pains me to say this, being an EV/clean energy enthusiast.

This car is probably going to be a big deal in China...

For China market, you might need spa seats from Lucid and some one needs to provide warm water tubs for your feet please:

020a12_c2f3ada78c5b4d27bf3e06e058ff9d67mv2_d_3600_2250_s_2.jpg

Impressive vehicle - terrible presentation.

I don't see any of these rolling off the assembly line in 2018 - if ever. They don't even have a factory building - how can you build and tool a factory, create a supply chain of parts and employ enough labor to start stamping these out in 12-18 months? Not to mention the time it will take to debug the multitude of tech features this monster has!

I also wonder why LG doesn't just start making their own vehicles. They make about 60-70% of the Bolt and it sounds like they'll be heavily involved in FF production (battery and maybe drive train?).

I thought it was strange the way it was driven onto the stage very close to the rear wall. Perhaps only one side of it was finished?
Yeah, it's odd how the silver presentation car hugs the back wall as it drives on stage. Notice how it is always centered on the white strip on the stage floor? It's as if the embedded strip is used to guide/control the movement of the car to give the impression it's driving autonomously on stage.

Reactions: jsrawa
First thing they need to do is fire the person that made their logo. That is one of the ugliest logos ever. The LIDAR on the hood looks like an Amazon Echo Dot on it. No way the side mirrors are going to make it into production.

Agreed, to be fair though they appear to have a "clip on" mirror to make the side mirrors legal until/if regulations ever allow camera use only. I actually think this is rather clever.

Yeah, it's odd how the silver presentation car hugs the back wall as it drives on stage. Notice how it is always centered on the white strip on the stage floor? It's as if the embedded strip is used to guide/control the movement of the car to give the impression it's driving autonomously on stage.

I too think this may be the case, a cheap trick.

They made a slickly-produced video of construction vehicles moving dirt.

Apparently that's all that's happening. Construction seems to have halted. That's no way to move forward and no way to reach a competitive state with Tesla or anyone else. We've seen how hard it is to get from 0 to thousands of cars per month. Faraday Futures seems more intent on boasting that they have 1,000+ employees without showing us anything in great detail.

I couldn't make it through the presentation. Gave up around the 0-60 dead-horse-beating-session.

Should have just watched that Simpsons episode with "The Homer" 3 times in a row, would have been much more enjoyable use of my time.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP