Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future Live Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone impressed here? Im not.

I initially could not get the speech and thought main speaker was German, then I listen YT to understand how much I should be thankful.

They seem to make a great car, but they dont know how to sell it. I wish they could have a chance to see this video first, before preparing such a presentation;

Reactions: UnbeknownstToAll
The key is in your mobile phone and car is smart enough to open door when your phone comes close. I hope your mobile phone is also smart enough to understand whos pocket it is in.

(Actually this might be the reason of failure, they keep stay very close to car after pressing selfpark button so car was maybe so smart to let user finally decide whether to walk away or reenter the car, after seeing user still in vicinity, decided 'better stay here' :) )

Message just now when I tried to register from the UK :

NOT YET SUPPORTED

We're sorry, we only support account creation for the US, Canada and China at this time. Please subscribe to updates to be notified when we support your region.

"The Force" versus "The FF"

C1TynybWgAEdg98.jpg

volkswagen-superbowl-2011.jpg

I haven't seen the presentation, but I've heard how inept it was. Many are commenting on the fact that these guys don't have a factory or any prior experience but expect to be able to compete with Tesla and make a car that has every kind of cool gadget imaginable. I don't really care about any of that because I know it won't ever come to market.

But man, those pictures. I don't know how they could have made the car uglier.

Reactions: cdub
Well, I'm not impressed. The reveal had lousy showmanship, and a bunch of glitches, the car is obviously incomplete, and the company is still on life support.

That said, I must say that a lot of what is in this thread is a little overly negative even for all of that.

Over all I find that this reveal has raised my impression of FF (not because the reveal was good, but because my previous impression was so bad). I also note that the mainstream press has been much more forgiving than this thread (though not wholeheartedly endorsing FF either!)

I still think it's unlikely that FF will succeed long term. But I do honestly and wholeheartedly wish them the best of luck, and if they do manage to actually pull it off, maybe I'd consider one of their products in a few years.

For those saying that they don't have a factory or prior experience, it should be noted that the same was said about Tesla at the very start.

Reactions: palmer_md
What other vehicles are in the long range premium EV class? I am not aware of a single one. That's why it's a class of one. That doesn't make Tesla good, it makes them the only one in the class. There is one other long range EV (the bolt) but that's not a premium class vehicle, and there are many other premium vehicles, but none of them are long range EVs.

Yeah, I guess you're right, there. It's like watching the Chevy ads on TV where they claim the Suburban is the best in its class, the Cruze is the best in its class, the pickup is the best in its class, the Impala is the best.... So if your class says "all electric cars on the market", it's not a class of one. Or all non-diesel cars on the market. Or all cars able to seat seven. You are somehow defining the class here. I guess I defined it differently.

My Tesla 90D is the best in its class. That makes it good.

Well, I'm not impressed. The reveal had lousy showmanship, and a bunch of glitches, the car is obviously incomplete, and the company is still on life support.

That said, I must say that a lot of what is in this thread is a little overly negative even for all of that.

Over all I find that this reveal has raised my impression of FF (not because the reveal was good, but because my previous impression was so bad). I also note that the mainstream press has been much more forgiving than this thread (though not wholeheartedly endorsing FF either!)

I still think it's unlikely that FF will succeed long term. But I do honestly and wholeheartedly wish them the best of luck, and if they do manage to actually pull it off, maybe I'd consider one of their products in a few years.

For those saying that they don't have a factory or prior experience, it should be noted that the same was said about Tesla at the very start.

Tesla did a deal with Lotus - a well known and respected sports car manufacturer - and had great talent from the get go, with Elon Musk joining very early on. Instead of rushing a luxury sedan to market with every gizmo imaginable, they started small, making a sports car until they knew what they were doing. Granted, they were also waiting for the technology and a larger EV market, but it took Tesla years to figure out how to build a mass market electric car, let alone one with autopilot and self-driving capability.

Reactions: Jeff N