Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Faraday Future Shows Off First Pre-Production Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Faraday Future, which recently announced a fresh $2 billion in funding, now says it has built its first pre-production vehicle.

The FF91 uses three electric motors to crank out 1,050 horsepower. The vehicle is said to be capable of a 0-60 mph time of 2.39 seconds. Range is expected to exceed 300 miles on a single charge. The company is also building in autonomous driving capabilities.

Faraday Future showed off the pre-production FF91 this week at its factory in Hanford, California.

“It is inspirational for us at FF to see all the parts come together for this significant day: the literal parts of the FF 91 from our various on-time supplier partners; the processes and tooling within the Hanford facility itself; and the invaluable training for the essential ‘soft’ skills required for this level of sophisticated teamwork I and others need in our Hanford production teams as we begin creation of our FF 91 for demanding users,” FF Senior VP of Manufacturing Dag Reckhorn said in a release.

The company also released a video of the vehicle. Check it out below.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSTZk_yrLTs” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see another startup in this space although it will be difficult to compete with Tesla on cost and overall engineering design. I am surprised that they went with a station wagon configuration for high end car. People who surf may like this configuration assuming a surf board fits in it. When is someone going to work with McLaren to make an electric F-1 never mind the FF91? That I think would be the ultimate high end car.

Nice to see another startup in this space although it will be difficult to compete with Tesla on cost and overall engineering design. I am surprised that they went with a station wagon configuration for high end car. People who surf may like this configuration assuming a surf board fits in it. When is someone going to work with McLaren to make an electric F-1 never mind the FF91? That I think would be the ultimate high end car.

Actually I was thinking about it and it occured to me that maybe some Tesla engineers could work with McLaren and surprise Elon with a McLaren F-1 prototype that comes pre insured and with a "watch this" mode switch in addition to the ultra ludacris and flux capacitor modes. The flux capacitor mode would store up the battery power for instant 1.2 gigawatts of power to the four wheels for total ridiculous acceleration. You would need ultra-gooey tires and a neck brace to maintain control though. Who needs rocket thrusters when you have a F-1 with a flux capacitor? Time for people to start working together.
OneWorld

Well, they did show off their FFZero1 at CES2016. The "car of concepts":
Faraday Future unveils its FFZero 1 supercar of the future

The problem is baked into the name... Future... "some time out there"

They should change the name to Faraday Today, and deliver a car!

Now onto my second Tesla, we're not waiting for the future. Drivin' it instead.

These guys are so far behind. Maybe Faraday Yesterday is more appropriate?

"We could have been so big!"

Europeans prefer this configuration and it is often more aerodynamic in practice. What is not to like,
Ted at Brundall.png
more room for the same cost.