Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this email today:

uk4QAAV.png

I try not to down new players in this space (and I'm certainly no engineer), but this just feels a bit like Fisker all over. The CES "reveal" and booth space. All the PR. This.

Hey look at us! We did a thing! All show, no go.

Efficiency would need to be an order of magnitude better than current to have a sizable affect on the industry. Maybe they did it? 20 to 30% greater power density? Not sure that is a big win...but hey, every little bit counts!

I follow FF on Facebook and they occasionally put out some vague little preview of some techie piece-part (today it was about how their self-driving system uses Lidar).

It's all very strange, how they are so reticent to release any actual info about anything. They apparently have 1400+ employees now (which, even assuming they are paying everyone an absurd $30k a year means they are burning through millions every month just in base salary) but if you Google around it's darn near impossible to find anyone that mentions anything about working there.

I get being secretive to avoid giving away good info to competitors, but FF just feels super weird. Is it that they don't want to reveal that this amazing new car maker in the US is funded completely by China? They apparently haven't even started on building their factory, so you know that actual cars are YEARS away.

I just can't help but feel that this entire thing is a evil scheme by a supervillian, and that if you actually go to their facility there will only be 20 people who construct slick visuals to distract us for when the AI robots stream out to kill us all.

I follow FF on Facebook and they occasionally put out some vague little preview of some techie piece-part (today it was about how their self-driving system uses Lidar).

It's all very strange, how they are so reticent to release any actual info about anything. They apparently have 1400+ employees now (which, even assuming they are paying everyone an absurd $30k a year means they are burning through millions every month just in base salary) but if you Google around it's darn near impossible to find anyone that mentions anything about working there.

I get being secretive to avoid giving away good info to competitors, but FF just feels super weird. Is it that they don't want to reveal that this amazing new car maker in the US is funded completely by China? They apparently haven't even started on building their factory, so you know that actual cars are YEARS away.

I just can't help but feel that this entire thing is a evil scheme by a supervillian, and that if you actually go to their facility there will only be 20 people who construct slick visuals to distract us for when the AI robots stream out to kill us all.
You think maybe all the recent hires in the US may turn out to be Manchurian Candidates? :)

(By the way, I do agree there's something weird going on with this company. It just doesn't feel right.)

Last edited:
Reactions: drinkerofkoolaid

I wouldn't be surprised if their main facility consists of 8 dogs playing Poker, a handful of employees doing sketch work in a corner office, and ~1000 employees sitting on the floor wondering what they are supposed to be doing. :D

Seriously though, what the heck if FF? Many things about the company don't make sense. My only guess is it's a project by the Chinese to indirectly get a number of Chinese Automobile Manufacturers into the US.

• Disagree
Reactions: AmishEV and NoEggs
This blog post is old, but it shows that this is a very active and growing company. I imagine that they have quite a few additial employees from when this blog was created. It was written by a respected EV blogger who was part of the ActiveE program with BMW. He also bought a Tesla Roadster and Model S, so he too is a drinker of cool-aid.

Visiting Faraday Future… Impressions for a hopeful future….

• Love
Reactions: DaveT
I note that streetview by their HQ shows their parking lot full of cars last year. It is a big parking lot with 100s of spaces. So, lots of people are going there during the day. I have no idea what exactly they are doing or how productive they are, but I don't doubt a lot of people work there.

My attempts to validate Apple's self driving car program (on the other hand) turned up empty buildings with nothing going on. Maybe they have decoy locations, or maybe Apple's project isn't as active as some people speculated.

• Informative
Reactions: trils0n