Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Farewell Model 3 and Associated Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posting after deleting the M3 from my account at Tesla.
I've had it. After 18 months of phantom braking, screaming forward collision warnings for a car 2 blocks away, slow than slow starting from a stop, and the insult that is FSD, I traded for a shiny new Prius Prime.
The M3 LR AWD was never a finished vehicle. Every new load of the software caused some other problem to reappear it seemed.
The fit and finish were passingly OK, but just. I grew inured to the sound of tires on rain through the driver's door.
The rear 'seats' are likely against the Geneva Convention.
All the rattles, squeaks, crunching noise.
Lordy, lordy! Don't close the frunk too hard or in an unapproved manner. Treat it very gently lest you crease the paper-thin metal.
Nice dash. Too bad there is no info shown in the driver's sight line. Oh, right. It'll drive itself 'real soon now'.
Want to direct the HVAC air a little different? Just open a screen and see if you can push the pretty animation close to where you'd like it.
Hey! I know. Let's back out of a parking spot. With an SUV on each side. You want an alert if there is traffic coming? No, no, no. Just use the cameras. If only they could see...
Cameras. They get blinded frequently by the Sun especially in the fall at my location. But, you know, the Sun will move or you will round a curve. Minor issue.
Radio? That old fashion thing? The SDR used for FM is a lousy receiver and the lack of AM compounds it. Just stream baby, stream!

But, there's the farts, the cool horn, and the best party trick, Summon. At least when it worked.
Tesla built a decent $30K car. Unfortunately, they charged double that.

If ever there is a class action lawsuit against the FSD scam, oooh, count me in.

Tesla fans, hats off to you. I sooth myself by thinking you have an ICE vehicle for primary use and the Tesla is your pretend car. Cool.
Tesla apologists, have at it fellas. You would excuse anything at all done by Tesla.

I've suffered the limits of charging, SoC, range, poor quality everything for 18 months. I now rejoin the actual proven, refined, quality automotive world.

I don't disagree with your assessment of FSD which is why I won't buy it, but if all the other gripes were experienced by the owners, Tesla would not be selling more cars each year. I've owned a 2015 Model S and now a 2018 Model 3 and in 6 years of ownership, only had 2 issues....one side mirror replacement and 2 12v batteries all fixed for free in my garage through mobile service. I can not say that about any other car I've owned over the last 40 years. No doubt this car is not for you, so good luck with your new Prius.

Reactions: MR F
(moderator note)

These "Im taking my ball and going home" type threads are basically rant threads, and turn into @@$# sessions. I am not going to delete the thread, but I am going to lock it. OP has had their say, which as I said I will not delete, but they are not asking for feedback or anything, so there isnt any reason to keep the thread going.

Status
Not open for further replies.