Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Farewell Model X and Hello Lincoln Navigator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sending my farewell to my Tesla family. It’s been a great 2 years and 3 months, but it just wasn’t working for us. The harsh cold here in Chicago killed my battery. I was always anxious about traveling far. My family is far and my daughter does travel soccer. The interior was getting tight for my growing 3 girls. Kids we’re getting car sick in the car all the time. In all honesty, it just wasn’t the fun family car we used to have. My husband has a Tesla Model S and that was another reason. Having two electric cars wasn’t working for us either. We needed the convenience of a gas car. Anyway, I’m happy to buy another American car. I’m loving the Lincoln Navigator.

How are the kids getting car sick all the time? I'm looking to get the Model X because of the cold weather. Preheat the cabin without opening the garage door would be so awesome.

In my experience the vents in the B pillar blow cold air while the front ones blow warm air. My daughter was crying because it was too cold while I was warm. On almost max heat the mid vents were blowing almost cold air. Tesla service said it's normal. I don't have the car anymore. Please test before you buy, hopefully they fixed the issue(s)

Everybody has their own requirements. We have 3 boys, parents live 600+ miles away, we are subjected to even colder conditions, and we only own EVs. The Model X works just fine, and the kids haven't complained of car sickness.

I'm sure the Navigator is fine, if you don't mind having to gas up in the cold frequently, and haven't been ruined by electric driving.

yeah I would hate the convenience of falcon wing doors or being able to pre-heat/cool my cabin as well. Good luck.

You're joking about the FWDs I hope. Biggest PITA about the X is the FWDs in a garage. Half the time they won't open at all as they detect the garage door opener overhead, that they will come no where near. Other times they will open partially only and I need to manually open to use them. They look cool for a bit, but are not practical at all in use.

You're joking about the FWDs I hope. Biggest PITA about the X is the FWDs in a garage. Half the time they won't open at all as they detect the garage door opener overhead, that they will come no where near. Other times they will open partially only and I need to manually open to use them. They look cool for a bit, but are not practical at all in use.

They only occasionally won't open fully in our garage. We find them quite practical to use.

Yeah that Like Tesla family on youtube was totally wrong. I couldn't see loading kids or carseats into a model X either.

I don't understand. Can't you just geotag your garage at home if they do clear and then you'll never have the issue again?