Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Farewell !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The time has come to move on.
A big thank you to the community here for all the help, knowledge and passion I have been fortunate enough to benefit from for the past 3 years.
I wish you all the very best of luck with your Tesla’s, truly a wonderful piece of technology.
On a side note, I have to de-personalise my vehicle before it’s collected so if anybody would like a charging mat, screen surround (with phone holder) Go Luk front and rear dashcams (with hard wired parking battery) boot liner, frunk liner, various carbon look reflected surrounds (sound tacky but actually look great!) centre console trays, 500GB removable hard drive etc etc then reach out via DM. Happy to let go at vastly reduced prices !
Location - Solihull
All the best, Chalks99

gone for the Taycan Cross Turismo

I'll be interested to hear what your thoughts are, once you are a month or two / several thousand miles into ownership.

I've had Tesla's since 2015 ... no particular reason to change ... 3rd party charging issues are s well known, and I do need a fair bit of trip-charging ... so for me I'm sticking at present, but ... that time will change. Hence be interested to hear back in a while.

Reactions: GSP
Have always wanted a Porker (well, an electric one anyway) so gone for the Taycan Cross Turismo. Totally different vehicle to the Tesla from a build quality perspective but I’ll miss the ease of charging and OTA updates and general fun of the Tesla.

Yes, totally different car.... It can take five minutes to order a Tesla ... but it would take me at least five days to decide which options to choose !!! LoL

If I may ask, what option(s), color... did you selected?

Last edited:
Yes, totally different car.... It can take five minutes to order a Tesla ... but it would take me at least five days to decide which options to choose !!! LoL

If I may ask, what option(s), color... did you selected?
Volcano Grey, CT Turbo. Options were chosen based on would I actually need / use them; Porsche aren’t shy with charging big money for what appears to be an endless list of options. That’s another reason I liked the Tesla so much, hardly any extras / options to choose !

Reactions: Durzel and GSP
Have always wanted a Porker (well, an electric one anyway) so gone for the Taycan Cross Turismo. Totally different vehicle to the Tesla from a build quality perspective but I’ll miss the ease of charging and OTA updates and general fun of the Tesla.
Hit me up on the other place.

I’ve had a Taycan Turbo since December. Great car. I’m sure you’ll love it.

Reactions: Durzel and Chalks99
Says more about Tesla's ridiculous pricing then anything else.

Model S starts at $91,380 - I'll guess that will be £91,380

Tesla MS - 3.1s, 155MPH, 405 miles

I presume Tesla range is WLTP? (like Porsche) and thus comparable (albeit not achievable!)

Taycan 408 PS - 5.4s, 143 MPH, 231-276 miles from £75,500

Taycan 530 PS 4.0s, 155MPH, 230-282 miles from £86,500

Taycan GTS 598 PS 3.7s, 155 MPH, 273-313 miles from £106,000

Taycan turbo 680 PS 3.2s, 161 MPH, 270-315 miles from £120,000

Taycan turbo S 761 PS 2.8s, 162 MPH, 273-291 miles, from £142,400

Bjorn says that new MS is his idea of the best EV - comfortable on along journey, frugal, hatchback for huge cargo volume. I'm with him on that, but no argument from me over Porsche fit-and-finish / luxury / cabin-quality / exclusivity etc.

ABRP says from me to the Alps :

MS 787 miles, 1h37m charging (4 stops - supercharger only)

MS 782 miles, 1h34m charging (4 stops - any charger) (Longest leg 258 miles, 81% used [318])

4S 788 miles, 2h11m charging (7 stops) (Longest leg 137 miles, 82% used [167])

Turbo S 786 miles, 1h56m charging (6 stops) (Longest leg 121 miles, 75% used [161])

Not as much in it as I expected, although whether the 3rd party charging speed would be achievable in practice I dunno ...

If you're doing it based purely on numbers then I don't think a Porsche is for you... It can be slower, have a lower range, worse charging, whatever, but that's not the reason why you're buying a Porsche.

When the day comes to replace my M3P, I want to replace it with a new Cayman EV. It'll probably be slower, worse range, worse public chargers, less practical but it won't matter because it's a Porsche and I just want one

vs

?