Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Farewell !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vs

?
Apples vs Oranges

If you're doing it based purely on numbers then I don't think a Porsche is for you

Indeed, Your response to the "The basic Taycan starts just around £70000. Lots of forum members have a higher version of S and X costing more than £120000" made me have a look at numbers. Tesla are available for that price, but that's comparing cheapest Porsche and most expensive Tesla ... so I was looking at the range of Taycan to see what sort of variability there was on Price vs Performance and Range. The other, non-practical, reasons for owning a Porsche are a given :)

Actually I was pleasantly surprised that even a long journey like driving to the Alps wasn't a lot different in terms of charging time,

It'll probably be slower, worse range, worse public chargers, less practical

All of which would only matter if it was a problem several times a week which, even for a die hard Teslafite like me, it wouldn't be :)

I think ABRP as used by @WannabeOwner shows defective charger or is it not?
Ideally the charge point network operator would publish an open API showing utilisation/available points that could / should be integrated into the nav whether it’s the cars own nav or third party.

Tesla lead the way here, handy when you have your own ecosystem / proprietary vertical integration 😎

... but aren't those times based on arriving at a charger that works?

The first charger that ABRP suggests to use is in France mate :) ... bound to be OK ...

... <fx:Checks PlugShare> ...

#1 (3 stalls 350kW Ionity) 14-Jan One out of order

#2 (7 stalls 350kW Ionity) 5-Feb "Busy when the centre is open"

#3 Last Mile Solutions - never heard of them. Their corporate site (linked from ABRP) has no Map / sites / rates / etc. Google found a EV map site I've never heard of and only had sparse information - looks like:

1 stall, 300kW

#4 Lidl - a mile or so off the Autoroute :( ABRP says there is 250kW, PlugShare says 1 x 50kw and has status "Under repair" and comments "This thing is dead" and "Charger is not working". Electromaps says 2x 350kW and needs Electropass

#5 Fastned. Also not on PlugShare. (8 stalls, 300kW). ChargeMap comments all OK (since 31 Jan)

Tesla stops:

#1 20 stalls 150kW, no negative comments
#2 10 stalls ???kW- last negative comment May 2020
#3 20 stalls 250kW no negative comments
#4 12 stalls 250kW no negative comments

... but aren't those times based on arriving at a charger that works?

You may have a point 🤓

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
Ideally the charge point network operator would publish an open API showing utilisation/available points

When Tesla made occupancy data available on SatNav "Green" hacked it and published live data on his website. Tesla had a quiet word with him and he took it down (commercially sensitive). Mind you, "Green" has had early access to all sorts of coming soon Tesla stuff ever since then ... Win-Win - "Green" gets kudos, Tesla gets a free PR department ...

Reactions: Sean.
When Tesla made occupancy data available on SatNav "Green" hacked it and published live data on his website. Tesla had a quiet word with him and he took it down (commercially sensitive). Mind you, "Green" has had early access to all sorts of coming soon Tesla stuff ever since then ... Win-Win - "Green" gets kudos, Tesla gets a free PR department ...
I notice they’re adding more third party charge point operators to the nav. Pretty sure Instavolt for example wasn’t there a few weeks ago. Not that they’re up to much for us mostly, crapshoot on 400v at the BYD 120kW twins they tend to plonk at McDs

However utilisation / occupancy would be quite useful for third party charge sites….