Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had known the Moorhead CHAdeMO was down, I certainly would have stopped in at Alexandria or Fergus Falls (almost stopped there regardless), but didn't know ZEF was down until AFTER we arrived in Moorhead.

I had thought of going to the Element but we were out of Moorhead by ~ 10 pm.
Where is the CHAdeMO in Morris. Believe me, if I had known there was one there, I would have used it. I don't see one listed.

We normally stay at the Best Western in Grand Forks but it was fully booked, so we headed to Morris.

I just realized that your were referring to Morris, MB. There is a Morris, MN to the south of Fargo, but it’s not close. Sorry for the confusion!

I was actually wondering what the heck you were doing down there...

This is just an unfortunate spat of bad luck. Hopefully we get more options soon!

I just realized that your were referring to Morris, MB. There is a Morris, MN to the south of Fargo, but it’s not close. Sorry for the confusion!

I was actually wondering what the heck you were doing down there...

This is just an unfortunate spat of bad luck. Hopefully we get more options soon!

Ha Ha, Yes and you thought I was going to Brandon, MN LOL
Have to agree with the "More Options Soon"!
Owning a Tesla is a treat when there are working SuC or other working options along the route.

Yes, there were a lot of bad things happened after leaving Clearwater SuC. Perfect until we left there after a nice breakfast.
A perfect Storm it seemed like.
Usually we go up to the SuC in Baxter, MN then Bemidji, MN L2 for an hour or two, then over to Grand Forks, but thought we would try the Interstate way for a change and because we finally purchased a CHAdeMO adapter.

I can confirm we will not travel the route from London through Minneapolis and Fargo to Winnipeg, until Tesla gets chargers in Fargo & Grand Forks/Pembina area. It is so nice driving in the lower areas of the USA, where they have so many chargers.
I guess "coming in 2020" might make a lot of trips possible.

Was going to go the Canadian route but was fearful of the Native Blockades and getting stuck in the Great Canadian Shield.
/End of Blabbing

I think I'm going to do the same route I did last May, which is Baxter -> Bemidji -> Winnipeg. This time through, I have the CHAdeMO adapter for use in Bemidji, and there seems to be a new L2 charger in Thief River Falls for insurance (as well as Tim's in Morris). This should be doable in a reasonable amount of time.

That being said, I appreciate your perspective and experience. I'm glad you got home eventually, and safely. It sounds like no fun.

ETA: Looks like great minds think alike...

Looks like a couple other CHAdeMO coming to Fargo "soon" -- supposedly by summer 2020. Hopefully the Fargo supercharger will be up by then too. Without the Noodles and Company CHAdeMO and these new units being operational getting out of Fargo must be tricky. Hopefully the CHAdeMO at Bemidji is working this summer otherwise just getting to Fargo from Voyaguers will be a LONG day.

Looks like a couple other CHAdeMO coming to Fargo "soon" -- supposedly by summer 2020. Hopefully the Fargo supercharger will be up by then too. Without the Noodles and Company CHAdeMO and these new units being operational getting out of Fargo must be tricky. Hopefully the CHAdeMO at Bemidji is working this summer otherwise just getting to Fargo from Voyaguers will be a LONG day.

I emailed Zef Energy yesterday and received a reply this morning saying they are hoping to have it working by the end of today, they have supposedly been waiting on the manufacturer to provide service documents they need... seems like a long time just for documents but hopefully it’s working again today.

And there's one coming soon in Hillsboro, ND, though that's not too far from Fargo. FWIW, the CHAdeMO in Bemidji was working great and seemed in good repair last weekend. I pulled down 43 kW at peak.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeMacMan
C4B33939-610A-4842-97CE-FA61701CE6BE.jpeg
Sign of life. According to one Casey’s employee is it for the Tesla SC.