Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a photo of the Fargo Casey's Supercharger on Veterans and 23rd on December 23rd, 2019, if that's anything anyone's interested in.

Attachments

• Fargo Caseys Supercharger.jpeg
    Fargo Caseys Supercharger.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 204
Also, unlike some locations they have not pulled any cables, so they simply cover up the ends of the conduits.

In some locations, they would pull cables so they needed a box at each end to cover up the cable also - since the thick cables have a decent minimum bend radius.

Here we sit at noodles CHAdeMO in Moorhead. It is down.
Using the L2 chargers. Only 8 hours to go and then hobble up to Grand Forks where there are no rooms at the Western. Hoping the charger there is available so we can limp to Morris and have Timmie's for another 6-8 hours. Might make it to Winnipeg in a day or two!

Ouch! That’s rough. I hope you have some comfy bedding for car camping. Netflix and chill. :)

Could be a new thread BUT, anyone expecting to get through Fargo might be really happy to know the sorry state of ZEF.

I can confirm Alexandria is operational - from two reports. That would help a bit.

I can confirm that both L2 chargers in Moorhead are working (10 hours later). I also can confirm that the CHAdeMO has a network error and does not work and it seems like ZEF could care less. They have been contacted at least 3 times and it has been out for about 5-6 days. Met a nice guy named Mark there and he had to rent a car from the airport to get to an important engagement in Grand Forks. I drove his car back from the airport. He has since picked up his car.

I can confirm that the people at the Tim Horton's in Morris are VERY NICE as we stayed (in and out of) there for about 6 hours (1 am to 7 am) getting enough charge to get to Winnipeg. Tried to sleep in the car but at -20f with only one blanket we had to have heat thus a long charge on their 6-7 Kw charger. Finally gave up on sleep and spent the last 1-1/2 hours inside Timmie's so we could get to Winnipeg. Hard to stay awake.

I can confirm that Winnipeg Super Charger 2C is working as expected and we spent 40 minutes there getting enough charge to get to Brandon. So good to get home! We slept for at least 19 hours after getting home.

I can confirm we will not travel the route from London through Minneapolis and Fargo to Winnipeg, until Tesla gets chargers in Fargo & Grand Forks/Pembina area. It is so nice driving in the lower areas of the USA, where they have so many chargers.
I guess "coming in 2020" might make a lot of trips possible.

Was going to go the Canadian route but was fearful of the Native Blockades and getting stuck in the Great Canadian Shield.
/End of Blabbing

Could be a new thread BUT, anyone expecting to get through Fargo might be really happy to know the sorry state of ZEF.

I can confirm Alexandria is operational - from two reports. That would help a bit.

I can confirm that both L2 chargers in Moorhead are working (10 hours later). I also can confirm that the CHAdeMO has a network error and does not work and it seems like ZEF could care less. They have been contacted at least 3 times and it has been out for about 5-6 days. Met a nice guy named Mark there and he had to rent a car from the airport to get to an important engagement in Grand Forks. I drove his car back from the airport. He has since picked up his car.

I can confirm that the people at the Tim Horton's in Morris are VERY NICE as we stayed (in and out of) there for about 6 hours (1 am to 7 am) getting enough charge to get to Winnipeg. Tried to sleep in the car but at -20f with only one blanket we had to have heat thus a long charge on their 6-7 Kw charger. Finally gave up on sleep and spent the last 1-1/2 hours inside Timmie's so we could get to Winnipeg. Hard to stay awake.

I can confirm that Winnipeg Super Charger 2C is working as expected and we spent 40 minutes there getting enough charge to get to Brandon. So good to get home! We slept for at least 19 hours after getting home.

I can confirm we will not travel the route from London through Minneapolis and Fargo to Winnipeg, until Tesla gets chargers in Fargo & Grand Forks/Pembina area. It is so nice driving in the lower areas of the USA, where they have so many chargers.
I guess "coming in 2020" might make a lot of trips possible.

Was going to go the Canadian route but was fearful of the Native Blockades and getting stuck in the Great Canadian Shield.
/End of Blabbing

Why didn’t you just use the chademo in Morris? Or the one in Fergus Falls? Anything would be better than a six hour session through the night.

I would have just given up and gotten a room at the Element in Fargo where they have a destination charger.

Why didn’t you just use the chademo in Morris? Or the one in Fergus Falls? Anything would be better than a six hour session through the night.

I would have just given up and gotten a room at the Element in Fargo where they have a destination charger.

If I had known the Moorhead CHAdeMO was down, I certainly would have stopped in at Alexandria or Fergus Falls (almost stopped there regardless), but didn't know ZEF was down until AFTER we arrived in Moorhead.

I had thought of going to the Element but we were out of Moorhead by ~ 10 pm.
Where is the CHAdeMO in Morris. Believe me, if I had known there was one there, I would have used it. I don't see one listed.

We normally stay at the Best Western in Grand Forks but it was fully booked, so we headed to Morris.