Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Farmers insurance compared to Tesla insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my policy right now with Tesla. I am 24 with 7 years with a driver license. Paying 167 a month.

View attachment 704317
you are underinsured with that policy... how many vehicles on the road worth *MORE* than $50k you can crash into and total and your insurer will only cover $50k? Uninsured motorist damage limit of $3,500 is a joke too.... uninsured motorist wrecks your Tesla and all you get in worst case is $3,500 ....

I just switched over to Farmers from Allstate, the Farmers online quote wasnt that good but an agent said they could do better. I guess Farmers bought out metlife so they added to metlifes group instead and it ended up being the best rate for my home and auto with all the discounts we qualified for.
Just auto Statefarm, Progressive, and Nationwide were pretty good, just their home insurance was 50-100% more and would wipe out any savings. Also i guess there are 2 versions of Progressive, Direct which is the standard online version and something else agents had, mine couldnt come close to the online quote.

you are underinsured with that policy... how many vehicles on the road worth *MORE* than $50k you can crash into and total and your insurer will only cover $50k? Uninsured motorist damage limit of $3,500 is a joke too.... uninsured motorist wrecks your Tesla and all you get in worst case is $3,500 ....
At least it isn't the state minimum, which in some states, is a holdover from the 1980s.

PA state minimum for property damage is $5000. Just a parking lot "oops" could cause more than $5000 damage.