Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fast Charging Along Kansas Turnpike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

swaltner

Oct 13, 2012
Kansas, USA
While we wait for Tesla to put the station in somewhere in Emporia, this is interesting news.

Electric car charging stations to be located along Kansas Turnpike

Electric vehicle drivers will be able to travel the entire 236-mile length of the Kansas Turnpike without ever having to exit to recharge their car’s batteries, thanks to the addition of “fast-charging” stations at the Topeka, Lawrence and Towanda service areas according to the Topeka Capital Journal.

These are listed on PlugShare as CCS/CHAdeMO/J-1772 at $0.14/kWh.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
As a Kansan, this will be helpful for the KC to Wichita route in the winter around Emporia. That price is on par with local utility rates so it’s nice to have. Now only if CCS were available so it can be speedy. Not sure I want to drop cash on a chademo adapter.

As a Kansan, this will be helpful for the KC to Wichita route in the winter around Emporia. That price is on par with local utility rates so it’s nice to have. Now only if CCS were available so it can be speedy. Not sure I want to drop cash on a chademo adapter.

Except there is no CCS support for a Tesla. But I routinely run from KC (Independence MO) to Salina or Wichita direct. If it is really cold, a stop in Topeka might be required. So I doubt they will be useful for me from outside the area.