Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fast Charging & Supercharging Stations will be added at the Florida Turnpike service plazas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great news. I wondered why they had chargers at some rest stops but not all rest stops. (The fact that VW is "paying" for them is just icing on the cake.) It labels the tesla specific chargers as "fast chargers" - even for their current implementations

To save people a click, going south to north:
  • Sapper Creek: Current 1 level 2 station
  • Pompano Beach: Future 4 lvl 3 chargers + tesla chargers
  • west palm beach: Future 4 lvl 3 chargers + tesla chargers
  • Pt St Lucie: Future 4 lvl 3 chargers + tesla chargers
  • Fort Drum: Current 6 tesla. Future Future 4 lvl 3 chargers + tesla chargers
  • Canoe Creek: Future 4 lvl 3 chargers + tesla chargers
  • Turkey Lake: Current 6 tesla chargers. Future 4 lvl 3 chargers + tesla chargers
  • Okahumpka: Future 2 lvl 3 chargers + tesla chargers

I have always thought this would be a perfect place for SC's. We have taken two huge trips in my MX -- the first was almost 7500 miles in 2017, and this year almost 3500. We've SEEN the SC network! They should also do a deal with Cracker Barrel, since they are basically everywhere.

Adding a WPB or PSL would really help relieve the bottleneck at Fort Drum as would adding Superchargers to Canoe Creek.

I wish we can get news on the Turnpike upgrades because it is tough situation.

At Turkey Lake the first two chargers (3A/B) are often down or give very low kw.

Okahumpka would also help relieve Turkey Lake which is busy but not like Fort Drum.

If anyone has any news on the plans or progress, please share.

At the press conference Gov. Desantis said that the new chargers would be started or completed by the end of 2019. Of course, I didn't expect that any would be completed so fast, but I thought at least permits would be applied for.

Have you heard anything?

Seems like this would be a priority for Tesla considering the gap in the middle of the state and the volume on the turnpike.