Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fast EV04 Wheel Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With only a couple different colours and only minor differences between the LR and Performance, making one’s Model 3 stand out often comes down to wraps and wheels (and maybe some body kit parts). I love Tesla’s deep blue metallic, so having some nice wheels was a must. Another concern was living in Edmonton, Alberta which is often in the running for the title of ‘Pothole Capital of the World’ some forged wheels were warranted - the lightened load was a bonus. ;)

222974C8-3299-4C7E-AE25-9AF314AA2C5F.jpeg
A553680A-A76B-44ED-B911-E26C85D0F25A.jpeg

In the end I decided to buy a set of Fast EV04 forged wheels in their brushed finish. They are light and gorgeous. Available in 19” and 20”, I decided to go with the 19”s to get a little more sidewall for sneaky potholes and reduced weight. They have a relief cut for the unique hub lip the performance has, so they install with ease. They also accept the OEM centre caps, or matching sized knockoffs. I dare say the wheels are knockoffs of Tesla’s Zero G wheels - except I believe these EV04s are superior (sorry Elon).

Paired with some Tesla OEM TPMS sensors and some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S P235/40R19 XL 96(Y) BSW tires with an 8.5” wheel, the diameter and width is effectively identical to the OEM Uberturbines with a 235/35R20 tire.

The final weight numbers:
- OEM 20” Uberturbines with PZero tires = 56.0 lbs
- Fast EV04 19x8.5 with Michelin PS4S tires = 46.2 lbs

1AB7EC26-0B60-4849-AC60-BE9767C4E355.jpeg

51FF454F-C961-403E-8631-2FFA25E59678.jpeg

While I am a little distraught at the idea of others buying these fantastic wheels and undermining the uniqueness of my Model 3, I would still advise them to strongly consider these all the same. I was a little unsure when I ordered them through PMCTires (who were fantastic to deal with), but I would do it all over again if given the choice - particularly after seeing them in person and the ~10lb reduction per wheel & tire.

Last edited:
Those are the FC04s which are a different wheel from Fast. They are flow formed vs. the EV04 which are forged.

Beautiful wheels, considering them for my Y vs the FC04's, but man, more than double the cost! The Fast website also seems to imply the FC04's are lighter than the forged EV04's, wonder if there is a mistake there or I read it wrong.

I guess I could consider getting the EV04's in 19" and then just putting the OEM tires onto the 19's vs getting 20" wheels and tires both new (and selling the OEM rubber).

Just not sure how much nicer 20" would look vs 19" on the Y.

With only a couple different colours and only minor differences between the LR and Performance, making one’s Model 3 stand out often comes down to wraps and wheels (and maybe some body kit parts). I love Tesla’s deep blue metallic, so having some nice wheels was a must. Another concern was living in Edmonton, Alberta which is often in the running for the title of ‘Pothole Capital of the World’ some forged wheels were warranted - the lightened load was a bonus. ;)

View attachment 789411View attachment 789414

In the end I decided to buy a set of Fast EV04 forged wheels in their brushed finish. They are light and gorgeous. Available in 19” and 20”, I decided to go with the 19”s to get a little more sidewall for sneaky potholes and reduced weight. They have a relief cut for the unique hub lip the performance has, so they install with ease. They also accept the OEM centre caps, or matching sized knockoffs. I dare say the wheels are knockoffs of Tesla’s Zero G wheels - except I believe these EV04s are superior (sorry Elon).

Paired with some Tesla OEM TPMS sensors and some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S P235/40R19 XL 96(Y) BSW tires with an 8.5” wheel, the diameter and width is effectively identical to the OEM Uberturbines with a 235/35R20 tire.

View attachment 789412
View attachment 789413

While I am a little distraught at the idea of others buying these fantastic wheels and undermining the uniqueness of my Model 3, I would still advise them to strongly consider these all the same. I was a little unsure when I ordered them through PMCTires (who were fantastic to deal with), but I would do it all over again if given the choice - particularly after seeing them in person and the ~10lb reduction per wheel & tire.
Wow those wheels look really incredible - looks like they would also very much color match on an MSM painted car. How is the finish quality - clear coat on the wheels themselves....the brushed looks great but curious how the clear coat seems on top? Many thanks in advance for the reply.

Wow those wheels look really incredible - looks like they would also very much color match on an MSM painted car. How is the finish quality - clear coat on the wheels themselves....the brushed looks great but curious how the clear coat seems on top? Many thanks in advance for the reply.
I don’t know about the MSM match, but the finish and clear coat are flawless.

To the OP and others, can you comment on impressions (butt dyno on light and hard acceleration, handling, braking, regen, range, OE suspension effect of lower unsprung weight, etc)?

How about wheel lip (outer but also inner) protection with OE sized tires?
Opinions of reuse of stock lugnuts vs use of caps or aftermarket lugs.

EV04s after one or more winter seasons in areas that see snow, salt/sand/chemicals.

Brake dust buildup vs stock on non-ceramic coated wheels given their open design.

Any info on above would be great to see as part of a 'review' thread.

View attachment 789411View attachment 789414

View attachment 789412
View attachment 789413

How are you liking the ride?