Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fasten Seatbelt with a Car Seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my new Model Y for a couple months now and all of a sudden I've noticed when I put my son in the car-seat the Fasten Seatbelt warning comes on - which is obviously super irritating. (Side note, it's a bit annoying we can't mute them because even carrying extra shopping / someone leaning on the middle seat when adjusting themselves can cause them to go off )

I assumed if you had a car-seat in (ISOFIX) there would be some sorta software magic that detects ISOFIX is in use and to disable the sensor, and that's why I've never had to awkwardly wrap a seatbelt around.

I phone Tesla and they told me this is normal - and it's just my childs weight increasing that it's finally triggering the weight sensor. I am not an expert of course but I feel like that surely can't be correct? I'm almost certain I've sat in other cars with bigger kids in ISOFIX seats that haven't had to have a belt wrapped around them...

Just wondering if anyone can confirm whether they need to keep the seatbelt clipped in using ISOFIX seats - my son is coming up to 2 years old and around 10kg in weight.

Thanks

Assuming your seat has the extending bar that goes into the footwell, just make sure that's as extended as you can get it, that seems to have done the trick for me. If it doesn't keep working I'll probably just buy a seat belt clip to trick the car. Apparently it's an EU regulation as in the US there's an option to disable the alert.

Reactions: CoastalEV