Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastener clips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone knows where I can find clips like this with the same lengths. These are pretty common in the panels. I broke some of these taking panels off. Bought a bunch different ones on amazon but none of them fits as good as these.
C03EB7AB-B63B-4EE4-927E-13363B2A294F.jpeg

i have lots of the turquoise one with the amazon link you have above. On the door sill panel and the kick panel, they don't fit as good as they are slightly shorter than the one i have in the picture.
I made this same mistake. Posts here said that you could interchange them with Toyota and I'm here to say that's not the case. I, too, now have a massive back of teal colored clips that I will never use because they don't fit well at all. I'd gladly pay the same price for half of the clips if they were the same ones that were on our cars now.

Well, you can go to Tesla and get the turquoise, but first time I did, they were about $1 each. I use those I posted.
What I want are the white ones that were in my car's panels when I took them off. Those are the ones installed at the factory that fit MUCH better than these more universal ones I've seen sold on the aftermarket that also fit Toyota vehicles. Those Toyota fitment ones don't fit as well.

I made this same mistake. Posts here said that you could interchange them with Toyota and I'm here to say that's not the case. I, too, now have a massive back of teal colored clips that I will never use because they don't fit well at all. I'd gladly pay the same price for half of the clips if they were the same ones that were on our cars now.

i have so many of them turquoise clips. Turquoise clips fit good for the liftgate but everywhere else it's slightly too short to make the gap look original. i tried ordering different ones but none of them fits as good. These blue one i have in the picture is the clip used in the door sill panel, kick panels, the 2 panels on the left and right in the trunk. i'll probably stop by tesla if i can't find some anywhere

Alright just to fill everyone in why those Toyota clips doesn't work as well. Toyota sheet metal is normally steel so they're a lot thinner than the Tesla aluminum panel. The clip engagement area is what I drew up below. The Toyota clip will go in but don't truly engage per design due to aluminum panel being too thick.
Being a cheap bastard, I buy the Toyota clips & put them in an area that's less critical (I would pull a Tesla clip from another area & swap it in the broken area, then install Toyota one in less critical spot, say between 2 Tesla clips that will do most of the retention work). Hope this explains why...

Screenshot_20200424-125155_Chrome.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricTravel
The "heartflex" style clips on the door trim panels (white in all but the earliest cars) are one time use, so they should be replaced any time the door trim panels are removed. The Telsa part number is 1025401-00-A.

When I was still working for Tesla, I looked up the engineering drawing for this part, trying to see if it was something that could be easily found aftermarket. They're made by a large industrial products manufacturer, but I couldn't find anyone selling that particular model number online, so it's probably custom-made to Tesla's specification. It's quite possible that the thickness of the aluminum panels vs. steel is the reason.